Favorite Organissimo Posts Through The Years

Any interest in an ongoing thread on this topic?

I will start with a few longtime favorites.

Assuming there is any interest, at the risk of being an authoritarian, may I suggest including a link to the original thread?

#1:

Chuck Nessa in "Favorite Sinatra Lyric Ad Libs:"

"OK, he's had enough."

#2:

Jsngry in "Charles Mingus's Secret Egg Nog Recipe Will Knock You Off Your Ass:"

"Just, when you see the cat using the toilet, don't think your drunk, you're not."

Edited by Teasing the Korean

I can't find this anywhere, but the all-time leader in the clubhouse the recounting of a phone call with Lou Donaldson.  Now that I think about it, that's old enough that it might have been posted on the old BNBB.  Classic in every sense of the term.

Edited by Dave James

2 hours ago, Dave James said:

I can't find this anywhere, but the all-time leader in the clubhouse is Aric Effron's (now known Chewy Chewy Bean Benitez) recounting of his phone call with Lou Donaldson.  Now that I think about it, that's old enough that it might have been posted on the old BNBB.  Classic in every sense of the term.

Definitely the best one.

20 hours ago, T.D. said:

Looks that way. Which means that I've misunderstood / misrecalled the post all these years. Damn.

Joe Christmas entry is a spoof. If you read down in that thread you will see the original Aric post included by Man w Golden Arm. scroll down for wisdom

This post has stuck with me for a long time and I have thought about it a lot over the years:

JSngry 

Member # 1611 

posted May 02, 2001 01:50 AM 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

One of the most, if not THE most, revealing insights into Lester's psyche is a story told by Lester to Nat Hentoff. It seems that when Lester was a child, in the South, he had occasion to attend a tent-style Revival meeting held by an itenerant evangelist. Lester said that he was deeply moved by the preacher's message and was totally filled with the spirit. He decided to commit, and when the minister called for all who wanted to be saved to come to "The Mourner's Bench" (I believe that that is the term he used), Lester eagerly went forward, because the preacher had stressed, and Lester truly believed, that that was the ONLY way to avoid the eternal wrath of God, only to find out, when he got there, that The Mourner's Bench, the one and only way to salvation, was reserved for whites only.... 

This happened to him when he was a child.

A couple of threads by (I think) Clem or Moms Mobley stick in my memory, but they may have been taken down.

They were savage polemics, one about Kenny Burrell, the other was Paul Simon. 

Plus one where Cliff Englewood fell out with Allen Lowe, I think Allen uses a line from that exchange on his sig

Finally - I think it was a thread titled "Rejected Blue Note Album titles", and someone came up with "That's Where It Is" by Stanley Turrentine.

Sorry, can't find the thread so can't credit the poster

Edited by rdavenport