Comments on Yahoo stories-where are they?

Anyone know what happened to comments on news stories at Yahoo?  They don't seem to be present at all anymore. Isn't the input of the ordinary person part of living in a democracy?  Sure, you had some nutty comments, but also some astute ones.  I usually got more out of the comments than the (typically) poorly-written Yahoo articles.

17 minutes ago, Milestones said:

Anyone know what happened to comments on news stories at Yahoo?  They don't seem to be present at all anymore. Isn't the input of the ordinary person part of living in a democracy?  Sure, you had some nutty comments, but also some astute ones.  I usually got more out of the comments than the (typically) poorly-written Yahoo articles.

They took 'em out. Can't tell if it's permanent.

Every story now has a link at the bottom (where comments used to be) to a poll or questionnaire concerning the issue. Surprised you didn't notice that.

I love the fact that comments have been removed. I used to avoid reading Yahoo stories because of all the garbage that would automatically (on my browser) appear whenever I clicked on one. Wasn't most of that shit generated by bots?

But I rarely look at Yahoo. I generally access financial news, and Yahoo coverage is inferior to other sources IMO.