RIP Bob Rose- Guitarist on Pat Martino albums "Baiyina" and "The Visit"

sgcim

Bob Rose, the guitarist from Philadelphia who played on the two Pat Martino albums mentioned above, just passed away at the age of 82, after a battle with lung cancer and COPD

When I bought "The Visit" on vinyl as a kiddie, I imagined that he was this very serious professional guitarist. When I was working at a big theater in NY as part of the house pit band, I always asked the guys in the band, who the touring acts used on guitar when brought their own rhythm section. One time it was Bob Rose, and I thought that was so cool.

He was a freelance jazz/commercial/studio player, who played in many different genres. He was the guitarist on the "Twin Peaks" theme, as well as playing with Todd Rundgren, and many other  artists of all varieties.

Here is a great interview with him. he seemed like he would've been a great hang!

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/rip-bob-rose-rhythm-guitar-player-for-pat-martino.2174987/#post-3102023

Being a professional musician all his life, in addition to trying to run a recording studio, which he wound up losing all his investment in (which he explains on the tape), the illness left him broke, so if you want to donate a few bucks to help pay for his burial, here's a GOFUNDME link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bobby-rose-medical-fund

Edited by sgcim