Tito Puente post RCA question

mikeweil

Tito Puente recorded his classic "Oye Como Va" first in 1962 for Tico, its first LP issue was on this album:

R-5428796-1393134324-2342.jpeg.jpg

The cover pic is from a limited 2013 vinyl reissue on Wax Time, which is hard to find. Has anybody here ever heard of a CD reissue of that album? Discogs does not list one.

https://www.discogs.com/Tito-Puente-El-Rey-Bravo/master/937005

Edited by mikeweil

Legit in a In Jordi's Bed With Fresh Sounds/Blue Moon kinda way.

https://www.freshsoundrecords.com/1153-malanga-music-records

Hey, it's apparently legal in Europe, so if you're there, I guess it is legit in that regard..

For my needs, I'd prefer either an OG LP with whatever noise it comes with (or, hopefully without!) or a legitimately cleaned-up digital file, which, btw seems to have been put to market by Craft, which is def legit in every way, all over the world join hands, etc.

OTOH, "Latin" music continues to be highly disregarded and disrespected bit's original-recordings owners, wo, yeah, liberate the vaulst and charge full price, at least it's being kept alive, although...not sure that's as much life or sex-slave, but no matter, those things don't matter, unless it's a real human being made into a real sex-slave, so no, we're not joking about that, but we're also not joking about perhaps this Gordon Pillhill guy is a drug dealer for us music junkies, enough blame and loathing to goo around on that one.

I just thank god he's not got a hardon for Black Gospel Music...there are honorable (enough) people doing honorable (enough) work on that if/when the world is ready for that power to come back out into the common air, they WILL be ready and it will be done right. Until then, hey, world gone wrong still going wrong.