Maria Schneider Orchestra - Data Lords

sonnymax

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

I was due to see her in December (I figured it would be cheaper to see her in person than buy the record!) but it was cancelled.

Yeah, I recently gave up waiting for the Barbican to send any updates and got a refund.  Shame, I was looking forward to it having seen her a few years ago.

15 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Yeah, I recently gave up waiting for the Barbican to send any updates and got a refund.  Shame, I was looking forward to it having seen her a few years ago.

Saw her at the Philadelphia Art Museum a number of years ago, along with LWayne some past board members, and it was marvelous.  My wife also loved it.   I grab her CD's as I see them at sane prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to disc 1 ("The Digital World") now. I get what she is trying to convey but not a big fan of it so far (on track 3).

The packaging, while very nice looking, was not very well assembled. Both CD sleeves as well as the booklet were glued into the pockets. The CDs came out OK but I had to literally rip the booklet out. Luckily, most of the torn cardboard was inside the pocket and not the booklet.

1 hour ago, bresna said:

Listening to disc 1 ("The Digital World") now. I get what she is trying to convey but not a big fan of it so far (on track 3).

The packaging, while very nice looking, was not very well assembled. Both CD sleeves as well as the booklet were glued into the pockets. The CDs came out OK but I had to literally rip the booklet out. Luckily, most of the torn cardboard was inside the pocket and not the booklet.

No stuck, torn stuff with mine. Also, I like the music more than you do.