Too bad there isn't a topic about "shits" in the biz

Chuck Nessa

Many thanks to the folks ordering on our website and some of our European customers.
Our national distributor has refused to abide by the terms of our relationship and I have shut them off. We still have an unpaid
invoice from last December and 2 others. They are refusing to return our inventory. They claim there are "tons" of discs coming back from their customers and they need cash from me to cover these. Their inventory hasn't changed much in the last 60 days.
Welcome to the bloodthirsty world of creative music.

4 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

It would probably cost more than I could recover. Most of the loss is future sales to Amazon, etc.

I was going to ask if it would be worth it. That just really stinks.  If they’re going to keep your inventory to offset the so called returned records, are they going to give you an accounting? Or is it just bs?

Edited by Brad

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I was going to ask if it would be worth it. That just really stinks.  If they’re going to keep your inventory to offset the so called returned records, are they going to give you an accounting? Or is it just bs?

This all came to a head when I asked about a missed payment of about $260. I was told this invoice would be paid after they received a new shipment of circa $450. I declined and it has gone downhill from there.

6 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

This all came to a head when I asked about a missed payment of about $260. I was told this invoice would be paid after they received a new shipment of circa $450. I declined and it has gone downhill from there.

That’s beyond fucked up. 

Won't this guy's actions ruin his reputation in the industry?

3 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

I would be good if  the existing stock at Amazon was purchased so the "product" isn't returned to me.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=nessa+records&i=popular&crid=37BR7NYO2V7QL&sprefix=Nessa%2Caps%2C186&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-a-p_1_5

22 minutes ago, GA Russell said:

All of those without "prime" shipping and inflated prices are not real - they are from aftermarket sellars.

43 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

I would be good if  the existing stock at Amazon was purchased so the "product" isn't returned to me.

Good to know. Does that mean that you sold directly to Amazon and got paid?  (None of my business, I realize, but I'm curious.) 

On 8/20/2020 at 10:27 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

All of those without "prime" shipping and inflated prices are not real - they are from aftermarket sellars.

I’m adding Art Ensemble’s Early Combinations to my next order. It’s Prime at a regular price so now I will have more of the material from the original box set. I’m a huge fan of Old/Quartet. It’s become one of my favorite recordings of this era. Stunning precision & fire which is a very rare thing. Plus Philip Wilson. 

good to the one I’m ordering has some early Thurman Barker

9 hours ago, BFrank said:

Even though he walked off before finishing?

Did he end the set earlier than his allotted time? I don’t recall that, only the music he played. 

The David Torn set was short, but I still liked it. 

Edited by kh1958

trying to get paid in this business is one of the most frustrating and humiliating activities known to man and woman.

I've actually made money on the new book because I just did it myself, and even turned down one offer from a small publisher. I just

won't go that route any more.

Let me add, however, that ESP Records, my current label, is the first of any size I have dealt with that honors every commitment, financial and otherwise.

Thanks to Steve Holtje, I should mention, who is in charge.

Edited by AllenLowe

On 8/22/2020 at 9:54 AM, Chuck Nessa said:

It was the Divine Love set that was truncated - I believe the stage crew asked him to cut it short so they could set up for the Art Ensemble. The solo Monk program was completed.

Thanks, Chuck. My bad! And thanks for clearing up the mystery of the Divine Love set. 

I guess I didn't see the Monk program.