Eddie Condon 6/24/54. Cary on piano?

medjuck

In the notes to "The Complete CBS Recordings of Eddie Condon and his All Stars" Dick Cary is listed as being  on alto horn for the session of 6/24/54 but neither the notes nor the discography mention him on piano.  However on "Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gave to Me" Condon can clearly be heard  (at about 1:12 and 5:10) announcing "Dick Cary", at which point I presume Gene Schroeder turns over the keyboard to him. (Actually it sounds like they might have had two pianos).  

Jus checked both Discogs and Lord's and he's not listed on piano for that date in either.  Hey have I just made an incredibly minor discographical find? 

Edited by medjuck

It's not the point, but I was at a Condon performance in 1964 and Dick Cary was on piano. The others, from memory, included Buck Clayton, Pee Wee Russell, Bud Freeman, Jack Lesberg and Cliff Leeman. Dear old Jimmy Rushing sang with them - I remember shaking his chubby hand at a gathering in their hotel afterward. I got to chat with Eddie briefly, and Bud Freeman was very gracious and sat with a bunch of us and chatted for a long time. He was very nice to me (as a 16-year-old starting out on a saxophone) and I discovered that he used the same reed as me: a Rico #2. Real gentleman, as was Eddie.