LF: Sun Ra Egypt 1971 RSD 5lp box set

I am looking for the Sun Ra Egypt 1971 RSD release (5lp box set).

I have bought every Sun Ra RSD release for the last 6 or 7 years but got shut out of this one (as did most people). This looks to be the best Sun Ra RSD release so far but unfortunately it was a very small limited edition (only 600 copies) and copies sold out online in minutes. I tried to order as soon as copies were made available online from from Dusty Groove, Bull Moose, etc., but had no luck. Prices are now going for insane prices on eBay (it is selling for over $200 on eBay; it was $86 retail).

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has a copy to sell at a decent price (i.e., non-eBay gouger price), please send me a pm.

btw, I heard a rumor that this will also be released in a future CD box set (I hope that is correct). If so, I will get it on CD but it would be nice to have the lp box for my Sun Ra vinyl collection.

Thanks.

I think the Hoffmann Board has mentioned 2000 copies total with 600 only in the USA. By all accounts they flew off the shelves everywhere though and most stores seem to have only had a couple of copies.

There’s another thread on this board which mentions this one, reputedly, also coming out on CD in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...