The head to B. Harper's "Capra Black" - crazy!!

Rooster_Ties

It's in 9 but it's not a usual subdivision of 9 which is usually 3,3,3 I guess....

It's usually 4,1, 4 but in one section it's more 4,4,1.

I kind of have a soft spot for this version but listening to it now, it sounds tame compared to how we play it live....

Whoever asked about Capra Black, I can hook you up with a lead sheet of sorts for that if you are still curious....

4 hours ago, david weiss said:

Whoever asked about Capra Black, I can hook you up with a lead sheet of sorts for that if you are still curious....

That'd be me, the OP (in this case).  Sure, I'm definitely still curious. Such an incredible tune!!

Geez, I just looked, and this thread that I created is 15(!) years old!!  So it predates all of the 5-6 times I've heard Billy since I moved out here to D.C. (in 2011), most of those times with you, Michael. My how time flies.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:43 AM, Rooster_Ties said:

That'd be me, the OP (in this case).  Sure, I'm definitely still curious. Such an incredible tune!!

Geez, I just looked, and this thread that I created is 15(!) years old!!  So it predates all of the 5-6 times I've heard Billy since I moved out here to D.C. (in 2011), most of those times with you, Michael. My how time flies.

Give me an e-mail address and I'll forward it to you.