Dame Diana Rigg, R.I.P.

duaneiac

Dame Diana Rigg has passed away at age 82.

A statement from her agent Simon Beresford said: “It is with tremendous sadness that we announce that Dame Diana Rigg died peacefully early this morning.

“She was at home with her family who have asked for privacy at this difficult time. Dame Diana was an icon of theatre, film, and television.

“She was the recipient of Bafta, Emmy, Tony and Evening Standard awards for her work on stage and screen.

He added: “Dame Diana was a much loved and admired member of her profession, a force of nature who loved her work and her fellow actors. She will be greatly missed.”

diana-rigg-variety-icon-award.jpg?w=1000

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dame-diana-rigg-dies-aged-82-133335450.html

4 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

The greatest thing to ever come out of Yorkshire.

RIP - very classy and a trouper, totally irreplaceable. :(

I think Sir Geoffrey might have something to say about that....

As may Messrs Hockney and Bennett and Barbara Hepworth but we'll forgive such hyperbole given the sad circumstances :)

11 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I think Sir Geoffrey might have something to say about that....

As may Messrs Hockney and Bennett and Barbara Hepworth but we'll forgive such hyperbole given the sad circumstances :)

Nope - Even as a Boycott fan, I’d put her ahead of all of those. Brought up near Pudsey, no less. :)

Edited by sidewinder

Serious teenage crush on her as a kid. I won't get graphic. Loved the Avengers theme by Laurie Johnson (a close friend of Bernard Herrmann, a serious Anglophile), and figured it out and played it on the guitar. Was annoyed at her replacement, Linda Thorson for a while, but got used to her after a while. Quirky stories by the prolific Brian Clements

When they brought back the Avengers with Joanna Lumley, all that was left was the music score, which had an excellent polyrhythmic drummer playing on it.I don't  know who it was, Randy Jones?

DR was also in "The Hospital", written by Paddy Chayefsky, with Geo. C Scott, where she played the hippie daughter of an insane doctor, who murdered a bunch of patients in a NYC hospital.

Then she played the daughter of Vincent Price in"Theater of Blood", a very witty horror flick where she helped her dad, VP, murder a bunch of theater critics, because they panned her father's performances in the theater. The murders were all taken from Skakespeare's plays. RIP, Mrs. Peel...

1 hour ago, sgcim said:

DR was also in "The Hospital", written by Paddy Chayefsky, with Geo. C Scott, where she played the hippie daughter of an insane doctor, who murdered a bunch of patients in a NYC hospital.

The Hospital is one underrated movie, it's great and Riggs was very good. 

Edited by Matthew