Bill “Stretch” Osment Needs Help

Hot Ptah

For many years the Music Exchange was one of the nation’s truly greet music stores, with a huge and deep jazz selection. Bill “Stretch” Osment was a big part of that. He worked for many years at the Music Exchsnge as a friendly, warm, helpful and extremely knowledgeable friend to all who entered. He was always very kind to my autistic son, which meant a lot to us over the years. I learned a lot about jazz  from him. 

Bill is in trouble. He has a serious lung disease  and the Ciry has evicted he and his wife from their home. They are now living in motels and nearly out of funds. I shudder to think what could happen to his large, unique music collection in this situation. That may be the least of their troubles but it comes to my mind. 

Bill is a truly good person, and a fundraiser has been set up to help him. I will post the link in case any of you feel moved to help a member of the international jazz community who needs a helping hand right now, very much. 

By the way, Ron Rooks, owner of the Music Exchange, passed away many years ago. His widow has made the largest donation so far.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/get-bill-quotstretchquot-osment-amp-angie-back-home?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet.

Edited by Hot Ptah