Mosaic partials ...

mikeweil

I recently bought two mosaic vinyl box sets that are each missing a single record. Does anyone have an extra copy of record 4 from the Benny Goodman mosaic box or record 1 from the Jimmy Giuffre box that they would be willing to sell?  I'd hate to do this, but I'd also be willing to buy the entire sets if anyone has one to sell at a reasonable price.

Also, my Benny Goodman box actually came with an extra LP 4 from the Miles Davis Live at the Unplugged Nickel Mosaic set if anyone is looking to buy that one.

I have an extra Shorty Rogers booklet (un-numbered) in very good shape.

Does anyone need a Shorty Rogers booklet to complete their set?

I also have an extra OKeh/Brunswick Bix, Trumbauer,Teagarden (black box  only) for anyone who needs one..

Let me know in a PM if you are interested in either.in a small trade or ??

-Jeff

On my wishlist is getting a new box for the Andrew Hill set. This set was made at a time when Mosaic taped the hinge between top lid and bottom.

Then they printed the name of the set on the back of the tape.

After repeated use, and countless openings and closings, the tape has splintered and the box top looks awful.

LWayne

I have the following if anyone has interest in a trade or something:

1 - Johnny Hodges, discs/inserts/book (no box)

2 - Sam Rivers  discs/inserts (no box or book)

3 - Joe Pass partial set of discs/inserts (no box, no book)

4 - Kenton Holman/Russo discs/inserts (no box or book)

Edited by felser

I am looking for CD 3 of the large Andrew Hill set, as well as a nice copy of the box for that set. I bought a set a couple of years ago off of ebay for a very cheap price because it was missing CD 3 and the box was badly beat up but it had everything else. It is one of my favorite Mosaics and it would be nice to have it complete.

Here is a full list of things I am looking for:

Andrew Hill Complete Blue Note (need CD3 and box)

Eddie Condon Mob Sessions (need box)

Jimmy Giuffre Complete Capitol & Atlantic Recordings (need box)

Teddy Wilson Complete Verve (need box and large book)

Benny Goodman Small Group (need box)

Lee Morgan/Wayne Shorter Complete VeeJay (need box)

Gerry Mulligan/Chet Baker Complete Pacific Jazz & Capitol (need box)

Edited by pglbook

Now I really mean this question sincere. But how is it possible there are so many incomplete sets? These Mosaix boxes are like the Crown Jewels in every collection. Ill protect mine with my life, that’s for sure. I just can’t imagine you lose a cd or two, or the outer box or the booklet. Or even worse: throw them away. 

On 9/19/2020 at 0:23 PM, jazzbo said:

I keep my boxes and booklets and cds in three separate places. If something were to happen to me right now, my wife would probably be inclined to toss some and not re-integrate all the parts. . . . I can see how this happens.

Me too. I've actually written it down in a "last letter" for my son. And yes, it's hard being OC, but somebody has to do it!

gregmo

• 4 months later...

wanted;

#148 Benny Goodman Capitol Small Groups, 1944-1955, LP #6

#249 Modern Jazz Quartet, CD#5 + CD#6

#253 Charles Mingus, Jazz Workshop,  CD#6 + CD#7

#256 Clifford Jordan, CD#3, CD#5

Mosaic Select

#MS-037 Charles Tolliver Big Band, CD#2 + CD#3, booklet needed too

Edited by Tjazz

15 hours ago, bertrand said:

Anyone have an extra Herbie Nichols, Tina Brooks, Larry Young or Freddie Redd booklet? I got all of those as single CDs.

I would contact Scott at Mosaic to see if they have one. If not, I could make you a scan of the Tina one. 

I xeroxed them all at the Library of Congress and I assumed that Mosaic had none left for years. However, on Herbie Nichols' centennial on 1/3/2019, I was at the RVG studio for a celebration. A dozen family members were there and Don Sickler had a booklet for each of them, which made me assume that Mosaic still had leftovers.

So I put it out there in case someone had duplicates that sometimes came with the sets but you are right, I should contact Scott also.

Got out my Basie live Roulette (MD8-135) set out a couple of days ago for a spin & realised that the two small booklets for each jewel case (each holds 4 CDs) are identical ie I have two copies of Vols I-IV (have all discs I-VIII though). I can't believe I hadn't noticed this before but I generally use the large booklet for reference (tracks/discography) & not the small booklets.

Anyway, I doubt anyone would have a spare copy of the booklet for discs V-VIII (btw, I've tried Scott at Mosaic & they don't have any) but a scan PDF file would be greatly appreciated from an owner of the set.