FS: PS Audio P300 Power Plant power conditioner

skeith

Purchased in 2001 for $2000, this was the entry level power conditioner.  It works and includes all the different power settings.   It does have a tendency to occasionally shut off...which according to PS Audio may be due to faulty fan.  It does get warm.  Given the age and the occasional shut off problem, I would let this go for $300+shipping (it is heavy) but I do have the original box.   Not sure if PS Audio still services this....so it may be best for someone who has electronic skills or access to someone who does.

Not only was this the "entry level" power regenerator, it was the very first one that PS Audio, and perhaps anyone else, ever sold. (It's not really a power conditioner, but a "regenerator"). I have one that needs repair, I believe the power switch failed. I pre-ordered this and have one of the very first units sold. A fine product. (I've moved up to newer modes of the regenerators). This is a good price for this unit!

Edited by jazzbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's right, it filets, it chops, it dices, slices
Never stops, lasts a lifetime, mows your lawn
And it mows your lawn and it picks up the kids from school
It gets rid of unwanted facial hair
It gets rid of embarrassing age spots
It delivers a pizza and it lengthens and it strengthens
And it finds that slipper that's been at large
Under the chaise lounge for several weeks
And it plays a mean Rhythm Master
It makes excuses for unwanted lipstick on your collar
And it's only a dollar, step right up 
It's only a dollar, step right up

I hesitate to get into a discussion of high end audio here given that it seems to be a very controversial topic on this forum.

And if you don't know what it does....it probably is not for you.

Suffice it to say, that it is as described---a power conditioner-- which modifies the a/c power going into your components to give better sound.

Obviously, depending on your components and other factors.....your mileage may vary.

Ok, looking at that article, it seems to take the input out of the wall and then send its out into the components in a more stable form. That I can understand, as well as the reality of "unclean" source current, had that issue for years, although it's better now than it used to be, Used to be, in one house, that the AC coming on would cause interference on the TV. And I've had occasion of noise, random, staticy noise coming out of the speakers from god know where. So I get the function, as well in the need.

But hell, I play my records on a 30+ year old system of questionable quality in a room that now has tile floors and ceiling fans. So, no, I don't need this. but I am glad to now better understand what it is and what it does.