Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjzee

Dexter Gordon - Live in Chateauvallon 1978

5 posts in this topic

Release date October 30:

A1aDVIiqF0L._SL1500_.jpg

In 1978, Dexter Gordon signed with Columbia, which boosted his career and allowed him to form and groom his own working band for the first time in his life. The wonderful quartet included George Cables on piano, Rufus Reid on bass, and Eddie Gladden on drums and was at its peak, as this November 8, 1978 concert at the Chƒteauvallon Jazz Festival bears out. Dexter is in a joyous and fiery mood, peppering his solos with outrageous quotes from other songs and stretching out.

oh this are very good News. 

1978 was a very good year for Dexter. He recorded "Manhattan Symphony", Maybe his best Columbia Album , Maybe one of his alltime best Albums and Maybe one of the best acoustic Albums of the year. 

I´m really Looking Forward for this, it´s a must have.

1 hour ago, Gheorghe said:

oh this are very good News. 

1978 was a very good year for Dexter. He recorded "Manhattan Symphony", Maybe his best Columbia Album , Maybe one of his alltime best Albums and Maybe one of the best acoustic Albums of the year. 

I´m really Looking Forward for this, it´s a must have.

Btw vast parts of the outstanding "Dexter Gordon - Nights At The Keystone" (Blue Note) were recordedin 1978 .... with the very same Rhythm Section  ....

I hope something was worked out with Columbia ahead of time. They seem ornery about protecting their rights lately.

Very exciting!  :D 

Like soulpope, this immediately made me think of Gordon's recordings from the Keystone.  Some of my favorite Dex!