Brotzmann Octet / Tentet box back out

elo omo

Pre-ordered as my original beautiful box was lost years ago

I have all the other recordings and although they are all terrific in varying ways, the original stuff is in some ways the strongest. I do think the later all improvised material is overall the most powerful - and the recordings of the 2009, 2011 & 2013 tours are extraordinary - especially the 3 Nights in Oslo from 2009 & Walk, Love & Sleep from 2011.

And of course I remind anyone reading that the 2 shows I saw at Tonic in NYC remain the greatest live musical experiences of my life - especially the 2002 sets.

Mind blowing. From ten feet away. People screaming BROTZMANN!!!

7 hours ago, Steve Reynolds said:

And of course I remind anyone reading that the 2 shows I saw at Tonic in NYC remain the greatest live musical experiences of my life - especially the 2002 sets.

Mind blowing. From ten feet away. People screaming BROTZMANN!!!

Yes, I was there in 2002. Fantastic show. I saw the tentet a couple of times since then, and it never reached the level of that 2002 Tonic concert.    

4 hours ago, Steve Reynolds said:

Just got my copy from Orbit

original issue #2637

seeing this for the first time since it somehow disappeared brings back many good memories of those days  

Still have a couple of copies and I am surprised by the issue number you post. I received my copies (2875, 2906, 2908, 2916 and 2917) in 2014.

4 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Still have a couple of copies and I am surprised by the issue number you post. I received my copies (2875, 2906, 2908, 2916 and 2917) in 2014.

Me too Chuck. I ordered from Orbits a few minutes before you posted your offer. I was very surprised that what I received was an original issue. It looks just like the set I used to have so I sure think it’s legit.

My guess is the first one I bought might have been from Cadence 

Edited by Steve Reynolds

15 minutes ago, Steve Reynolds said:

Me too Chuck. I ordered from Orbits a few minutes before you posted your offer. I was very surprised that what I received was an original issue. It looks just like the set I used to have so I sure think it’s legit.

I will ask Bruno about it.

I just contacted him. I will get back to all.

Bruno says "I think that I had a few, 8 or 10, empty boxes with lower numbers".

Edited by Chuck Nessa

10 hours ago, Steve Reynolds said:

I scored my copy (2853) in Dec 2007 directly from Okkadisk

On 10/14/2020 at 10:44 PM, Steve Reynolds said:

There was a note in the package asking if I was interested in other Okkadisk titles that they had more.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:54 PM, elo omo said:

Orbit Records is taking pre-orders for the Brotzmann Tentet / Octet 3 CD box they've got coming back out.

Orbit Records is currently handling the Okka catalogue for Bruno. That site (orbitrecords.com) is the only place to find the FULL available catalogue. There area currently 2 other sites are carrying select titles at this time. The Okkadisk website should be up and running again (correctly) soon. There will be an Orbit link on that site, once it's fully back up.

1 hour ago, elo omo said:

Orbit Records is currently handling the Okka catalogue for Bruno. That site (orbitrecords.com) is the only place to find the FULL available catalogue. There area currently 2 other sites are carrying select titles at this time. The Okkadisk website should be up and running again (correctly) soon. There will be an Orbit link on that site, once it's fully back up.

That's a little confusing to me - "FULL", "correctly", Orbitlink, 2 other sites, etc.. Who's in charge?

On 10/17/2020 at 9:04 PM, elo omo said:

Bruno is - with a little help from his friends at Orbit

On 10/17/2020 at 8:04 PM, jlhoots said:

That's a little confusing to me - "FULL", "correctly", Orbitlink, 2 other sites, etc.. Who's in charge?

Perhaps some clarification is in order. A few years ago, Bruno was ready to throw in the towel. He didn't, with some encouragement from friends, one of which works at Orbit. Orbit listed a few of the titles at that point. When Bruno moved to FL, a good portion of the inventory went to Orbit's warehouse instead of the dumpster. At the same time, Bruno's sole distributor went out of business and that inventory also went to Orbit. That's when Orbit listed all the available Okka titles. Bruno's website has not been updated since 2014. An Orbit friend is helping him work on that, and it should be up and running "correctly" soon. During the sorting and organizing of the inventory, some of the missing CDs were found for 12022 (the Brotzmann box). He had paper and 2 of the discs, but the 3rd disc was missing - that's why it has been gone for so long, but those have now been found, and yes they are real. Orbit also initiated wholesale sales to Dusty Groove in Chicago, and the Catalytic Sound website (Vandermark). Neither are carrying the full catalogue, so Orbit is the only place to find what's avaiable at this time. Soon, the Okka site will also be "correct". Bruno is hoping to make some of the out-of-stock titles available again, and is even thinking of doing a few titles on LP. Hope that helps.