Nice Story about Pharaoh Sanders

The clip sounds great, would love to see that band!   To me, the guy who really comes off great in the article is Azar Lawrence.  Where was he for the 30 years between the mid-70's and the mid-2000's?   Loved his work with Tyner in the 70's, and his albums since his return to the jazz recording scene have been strong.

36 minutes ago, felser said:

The clip sounds great, would love to see that band!   To me, the guy who really comes off great in the article is Azar Lawrence.  Where was he for the 30 years between the mid-70's and the mid-2000's?   Loved his work with Tyner in the 70's, and his albums since his return to the jazz recording scene have been strong.

Yeah, I dig you about Mr. Lawrence:  he was showing up on what may well be my favorite Mcoy Tyner records, The Moontrane with Woody Shaw, and with Elvin, and with Miles.  Seemed like he was all set to take his place in the top echelon.

Edited by Jim Duckworth
clarity

the last time I saw Mr. Sanders live was around 2014 and he still had a lot to say, even if some of the power was gone. But even then it seemed he had difficulties to walk on stage.

I´ve been a longtime fan of his Music, the first LP I had was "Live at the East" with those Voices on "Healing Song"......just Wonderful.

I had that old LP with me when I went to the concert, I hoped I can tell Mr. Sanders that it was one of the first Albums I purchased and if he would sign it for me. But Mr. Sanders didn´t look like someone who would meet a fan for a few words of the usual small talk, so I was to shy to try to get the possibility to talk to him…..