New Sam Rivers and others on No Business

felser

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Harbour said:

Maybe you got it in before the Brexit debacle happened, mines probably in some sack in France delayed by all the inevitable red tape!

Likely be hit for tax and processing. Brave new world. 

If it’s trackable take a look. A package of mine from an EU country is spending its fifth day at the UK depot - I assume while they bill me for charges. 

I just received Volumes 2, 3, and 4 today. Shipping only took 12 days from a Latvia to upstate NY. That is quite impressive, considering that it took longer (over two weeks) for 2 CDs I ordered last month to arrive from Maine and Buffalo (each about a 4-5 hour drive from where I live)! 

I look forward to listening to at least one or two of the volumes this weekend. 

1 hour ago, clifford_thornton said:

that's not bad. By the way, they should be coming from Lithuania, not Latvia.

I was wondering about that...their ebay listing shows the location as Riga, Latvia...but the mailing envelope does look like it was postmarked from Lithuania.

Regardles of which location it was shipped from, shipping was quite prompt, especially compared to the mess that is the USPS these days.

5 hours ago, pglbook said:

I was wondering about that...their ebay listing shows the location as Riga, Latvia...but the mailing envelope does look like it was postmarked from Lithuania.

Regardles of which location it was shipped from, shipping was quite prompt, especially compared to the mess that is the USPS these days.

most definitely Lithuania (Vilnius)

7 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Does anyone know how many there are going to be? Is Volume 4 the last or are there more to come? (Slurp slurp, etc.)

All in all 8 CDs are planned. Scheduled are two releases in 2021 and the remaining two in 2022. Before there were two for 2019 respectively 2020.

1 hour ago, optatio said:

Two releases from the NoBusiness catalog have been included in the Marion Brown discography:

http://discog.piezoelektric.org/marionbrown/r/liveattheblackmusiciansconference1981.html

http://discog.piezoelektric.org/marionbrown/r/thegrouplive.html

The Group LP is a solid date but I expected a little more hence the names on it.... 

On 1/21/2021 at 8:42 PM, colinmce said:

Squidco just got theirs yesterday, so I would imagine DG’s will show soon. Definitely an unusually long lag this time around. I scooped up the Rivers, RED Trio, & Takayanagi discs + the new Blasé/Yasmina on ezz-thetics before they go OOS. 

Thanks. Ordered from Squidco.

1 hour ago, Pim said:

I am still in doubt buying the latest volumes. I have a certain feeling they are going to do a great boxed set after finishing the project and that would be the thing I really want. Nobody with inside information here?

Why not email them and ask them? They've always been friendly and approachable when I've communicated with them.

I think we know that the Rivers estate dictated no download version (can't remember where I read this or maybe I just imagined it) so there may be other restrictions including presenting them as a box set