Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeweil

LF DVD Robert Altman's Jazz '34

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for a DVD copy of the music video that was made in connection with Robert Altman's Kansas City movie. I have the soundtrack and the CD with the additional tracks, I want the documentary-type DVD. I had a VHS tape but that seems to be lost.

R-15554885-1593535098-4604.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Jesse-Davis-3-David-Fathead-Newman-Ron-Carter-Christian-McBride-Tyrone-Clark-Don-Byron-Russell-Malon/release/15554885

I thought it had never been released on DVD. I think  I've got a couple of DVDrs made from the video tape so the definition is not too great. .  (IIRC got one of them via Altman estate.)  PM me and I'll send you one.   Also I don't remember Belafonte's narration, just the performances.  

Edited by medjuck

The DVD I posted seems to be different from the VHS tape I made from TV. I will have time tomorrow to make a last search attempt and get back to you in case I need it.

I looked at my copies.  Belafonte is the narrator but it's mainly performance.  I think the Discogs description is wrong:  It's only an hour long and the picture they show is of a VHS tape not a DVD.