Miles/Dameron/Moody Band - Paris 1949

JSngry

On 25/11/2020 at 2:03 PM, JSngry said:

Of course I got the Columbia issue back in the day. Then a few decades later I got some other material on a Brid's Eyes issue. Then noticed the Peter Losin says something like there is "much more" material. So - what does that mean, "much more"?

I understand Losin refers to the difference between what has been commercially issued (16 tracks in total) and the list of tracks which Ken Vail mentions as recorded accross four or five different days (21 tracks).

8 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

I understand Losin refers to the difference between what has been commercially issued (16 tracks in total) and the list of tracks which Ken Vail mentions as recorded accross four or five different days (21 tracks).

You mean the tracks listed individually in "Miles' DIary" (pages 27 to 29, 8 May to 15 May 1949)?

8 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said:

You mean the tracks listed individually in "Miles' DIary" (pages 27 to 29, 8 May to 15 May 1949)?

Yes, as listed in Peter Losin's website:

"Ken Vail (Miles' Diary) claims that Paris Festival recordings were made on the following days:

May 8 (Sunday): Don't Blame Me; Rifftide; The Squirrel; Embraceable You; Ornithology; Good Bait; Lady Bird; Perdido; All the Things You Are; Crazy Rhythm
May 9 (Monday): Wahoo; Allen's Alley; Embraceable You; Ornithology; All the Things You Are
May 14 (Saturday): Lady Be Good; Don't Blame Me; Allen's Alley; Crazy Rhythm; All the Things You Are
May 15 (Sunday): Farewell Blues (jam session)"

http://www.plosin.com/milesAhead/Sessions.aspx?s=490509

The Miles Davis Tadd Dameron in Paris was also reissued on CD, but with another cover, not so nice like the original CBS cover, and it has three aditional tracks among them "Crazy Rhythm and another take of All the Things you are. 

Moody really sounds great here, somehow ahead of his time, more like some of the post Trane tenorists at some Point.