Diego Maradona (1960 - 2020)

Oh no....for me he was the most naturally-gifted footballer of our time, maybe of all time. Watching him on the pitch was like listening to Coltrane flying through the Giant Steps. Effortless, inventive, full of humor...brilliant. The only other one who was in the same orbit - Ronaldinho.

Edited by Dmitry

Genius footballer.  The second goal against England in that quarter-final is sublime football and for me eclipses all the fuss about the first goal.

Asif Kapadia's film 'Maradona' is a fascinating watch giving some insight into the off-pitch Diego

3 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Genius footballer.  The second goal against England in that quarter-final is sublime football and for me eclipses all the fuss about the first goal.

Asif Kapadia's film 'Maradona' is a fascinating watch giving some insight into the off-pitch Diego

Just to add, I didn't think that at the time, I was apoplectic with rage. Hindsight's a marvellous thing :D

45 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Just to add, I didn't think that at the time, I was apoplectic with rage. Hindsight's a marvellous thing :D

I'll watch it this week.

Have you watched 'Maradona in Mexico' ? He was not in any kind of shape mentally and physically these past years. Sad to see one of the few true geniuses in this sport to disintegrate so overtly, and irreversibly.