what can you tell me about this Basie acetate and Columbia univ. jazz archives

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

got this from NY antique dealer non lp store for 20 big ones: said in descrip from columbia univ center for jazz studies.  s-l1600.jpg an acetate of june 30 1937 on WOR.  

s-l1600.jpg

*does this archive have the master tape and this is why they cut an acetate of it- do they have the basie archives there, thank you

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

I suppose you're talking about ALAMAC???

Now if you could give a release/catalog number of that LP you are looking for? There must have been at least 2 different Alamacs by the 30s Basie band).
FWIW, I have 6 of the 8 tracks on your test pressings (plus "The Count Steps In" as a 7th track) from the 30/06/37 date on yet another Italian P.D. LP (Archive of Jazz 101.581), and that's just one of many reissues according to the discographies.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

its this one that matches my disc most closely i think

Count Basie & His Orchestra - 1937 JAZZ Vinyl LP NM featuring Jimmy Rushing  | eBay

does your Lp start off w/ dialogue for like 2 seconds, saying "stopin' at the savoy"?  was that the catchphrase of the airchecks like BEFORE the song?  is that on your disc before moten swing/intro

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez