LF - Dale Fielder cd’s

Aren't most of them on Amazon? That's where I bought several recently. I see the prices are a little steep but not outrageous (yet).

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dale+fielder

FWIW, Fielder has most of his catalog available as downloads on bandcamp.com and today is "Artist Friday", where 100% of the profit goes to the artist.

1 hour ago, Tom in RI said:

Yes, I am aware, at least 2-3 on Bandcamp are also available as cd’s (much prefer physical product) which I’ll probably order today, thanks for tip about artist Friday. For others I’d rather work a trade than pay what Amazon has’em listed for.

Check the shipping on bandcamp. I went to buy these Fielder CDs from bandcamp during one of these Artist Friday sales and the shipping was $10/CD. I've heard that they might have fixed that now.

I just checked... bandcamp is still charging $9.99 to ship a Dale Fielder $9.99 CD to somewhere in the US via Media Mail. That is just crazy.

Edited by bresna

1 hour ago, Tom in RI said:

Huh, no break for multiple items on bandcamp shipping?

The shipping charge is $6 for a second CD.  If you think of it as $16 per disc with a flat shipping rate of $4, it feels better.

49 minutes ago, bresna said:

Me too.

But I still haven't gotten that Shorter tribute yet... I'll have to rectify that one of these days.

It is one of my favorite tribute albums. The song selection focuses on less obvious Shorter tunes matched with strong Fielder originals.  Fielder also has a good band with him (featuring Jane Getz on piano).

I just checked through the freejazz archive, in the box marked"FE" to 'FO".  Filled with mostly people of whom I am unfamiliar, other than Maynard Freguson and a couple others.

Did find  Dale Fielder titles 'Ocean of Love and Mercy" and Romantic Serenade"

PM me if interested

thx

Mike