The Duke Of Earl

JSngry

I know, but that clip is THE Duke of Earl. In action.

That's an amazing presence, amazing body language,...the PROWL - and zero smiles, ZERO.

Nothing can stop me NOW, that's not taling about (just) romance, there's a whole...SUBTEXT in all of that, ALL of it.

and according to Wicki, John Board is on the record. Hey.

Gene Chandler did some great records in the early 60's, and that one is epic.  It and "Stand By Me" hit me as hard as anything from the era.   Agreed on the video, which I have never seen before.  Not at all familiar with John(ny) Board, please enlighten us.  

1 hour ago, felser said:

Gene Chandler did some great records in the early 60's, and that one is epic.  It and "Stand By Me" hit me as hard as anything from the era.   Agreed on the video, which I have never seen before.  Not at all familiar with John(ny) Board, please enlighten us.  

I remember him having at least one disco hit in the late 1970s - at least over here.

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

I remember him having at least one disco hit in the late 1970s - at least over here.

Here too.  Not particularly memorable.  Check out earlier soul hits like "Think Nothing About It", "What Now", "Man's Temptation" etc.