Record Label Shipping Blunder

Ken Dryden

I took advantage of the recent Newvelle Records sale, buying 4 individual LPs, earning me a bonus anthology LP. Today I received a FedEx package from them that contained 6 LPs ordered by another customer in Germany. Evidently someone reversed the last two digits of the order numbers and labeled the wrong boxes. 

I once ordered an LP box set from an Italian vendor and received two copies within a couple of days of each other.  The box set had been discussed on this board and another UK member had mentioned they'd ordered it too.  It was little surprise that I ended up shipping him his copy that had come to me by mistake (with the cost of the extra shipping covered by the vendor).

22 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I once ordered an LP box set from an Italian vendor and received two copies within a couple of days of each other.  The box set had been discussed on this board and another UK member had mentioned they'd ordered it too.  It was little surprise that I ended up shipping him his copy that had come to me by mistake (with the cost of the extra shipping covered by the vendor).

That second box came my way as I recall. 

4 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

I took advantage of the recent Newvelle Records sale, buying 4 individual LPs, earning me a bonus anthology LP. Today I received a FedEx package from them that contained 6 LPs ordered by another customer in Germany. Evidently someone reversed the last two digits of the order numbers and labeled the wrong boxes. 

Well, that was a pretty terribly advertised sale, because this is the first I heard of it. I like their recordings but their records are overpriced. Maybe on sale...

It isn't much of a sale, $65 per LP including shipping to the US. But you don't have to buy the entire season's LPs, though they have limited quantities of single titles.

I have had some issues with Newvelle Records, which I have shared in reviews when I have received them on occasion.

I don't like having to download liner notes and credits. They are more important to me than the poetry included in the bi-fold LP jacket and at the very least, they should be included as a printed insert.

I have yet to see any season where I want to buy the entire subscription, particularly at such a high price per disc. I can afford it, but most of us who collect want to choose what artists and bands we purchase, rather than being forced to buy those in which we have no interest.

Ah. Thanks. I usually want one of the seasons records and am curious about one other. I’ve managed to snag the two Noah Premingers on the second hand market which I really wanted. Only other one I’m searching for is the Kason Palmer. I almost pulled the trigger on the New Orleans series but decided not to. 

I am reviewing the Ellis Marsalis when it gets here, but the rest of the New Orleans collection was of no interest to me.

When I was serviced by PolyGram, they sold back catalog CDs to media for $6.50 per CD, I ordered the 10 CD JATP boxed set and an Errol Garner CD and was surprised to get 10 copies of the Garner CD . When I contacted the label, they told me to keep them and the lady told me she would send me an extra JATP set for my trouble. Within a few days, I received four copies of that boxed set, so they made great gifts for friends who were jazz fans.

5 hours ago, jcam_44 said:

Ah. Thanks. I usually want one of the seasons records and am curious about one other. I’ve managed to snag the two Noah Premingers on the second hand market which I really wanted. Only other one I’m searching for is the Kason Palmer. I almost pulled the trigger on the New Orleans series but decided not to. 

I bought one of Noah's LP directly from him at a live show (I asked him to bring it if he had any). I still haven't picked up his second one. I am also interested in Jason Palmer's LPs. I just don't know how this label stays in business since they charge so much for an LP and require you to buy so many at once. It's an unusual business model - rich & "not too picky" is not a usual combination for Jazz fans.

50 minutes ago, bresna said:

I bought one of Noah's LP directly from him at a live show (I asked him to bring it if he had any). I still haven't picked up his second one. I am also interested in Jason Palmer's LPs. I just don't know how this label stays in business since they charge so much for an LP and require you to buy so many at once. It's an unusual business model - rich & "not too picky" is not a usual combination for Jazz fans.

I saw Noah when he performed at the Angel City Jazz fest in 2018 I think. He didn’t have any merch for sale. I did inquire about buying it directly via email and after a first response he never followed up. Maybe he just missed it. Only release from him I’m missing is the Dry Bridge Road which I need to order from him soon.