Lou Donaldson's Here 'Tis

Hardbopjazz

One of the iterations of this release, contains the unissued track which is listed in the Blue Note discography.  I can't fine any place selling it. 10 minute blues with Lou and Grant is worth getting a third copy of this session. Does anyone here have this release of Here 'Tis? 

https://www.discogs.com/Lou-Donaldson-Here-Tis-/release/14145120

2 hours ago, Hardbopjazz said:

One of the iterations of this release, contains the unissued track which is listed in the Blue Note discography.  I can't fine any place selling it. 10 minute blues with Lou and Grant is worth getting a third copy of this session. Does anyone here have this release of Here 'Tis? 

https://www.discogs.com/Lou-Donaldson-Here-Tis-/release/14145120

yeah, i wish i had it.

1 hour ago, Justin V said:

It's ridiculous that some of those Japanese Blue Notes have tracks that aren't readily available elsewhere.  I have many of the ones I want (including Here 'Tis), but I don't understand why the tracks can't at least be made available as album-only downloads in the US. 

Agreed.  Given BN's intense focus on LPs these days, they could fashion some new vinyl with cool covers encompassing these tracks.

37 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

There was a Mosaic box set of some very good Blue Note material.

Yes, and I own it.  But it's a complete BN recordings from x date to y, a different sort of thing than I'm envisioning which would be a selective overveiw of his whole time at the label, including sideman dates, issued and unissued, telling a story of his career and the label's changes.

I think the Lou Mosaic was more of a dip into the sessions, including more obscure ones, than specifically a coverage by date x to y. All the better for it, IMO !

That one disappeared fast on the infamous ‘Black Friday’, when the production parts disappeared.

Edited by sidewinder