Hasaan Ibn Ali – Metaphysics: The Lost Atlantic Album

king ubu

47 minutes ago, John L said:

This is indeed some amazing music, one of the most exciting releases I've heard in some time.   As far as influences, he also sometimes reminds me a bit of Herbie Nichols.  But Hasaan is certainly unique!

I wonder if Hasaan was aware of Nichols. Perhaps through Elmo Hope.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:07 PM, JSngry said:

Just wondering...did Hassan leave any kind of a family behind?

On 10/6/2021 at 4:07 PM, JSngry said:

Just wondering...did Hassan leave any kind of a family behind?

On 5/6/2021 at 3:33 PM, JSngry said:

He was probably just listening to the internal and external energies of his everyday life. The best ones do.

On 5/6/2021 at 3:33 PM, JSngry said:

He was probably just listening to the internal and external energies of his everyday life. The best ones do.

Autely.

On 5/3/2021 at 2:52 AM, LWayne said:

Any contacts at Omnivore Recordings that I can contact. Bought the LP, but the cardboard sleeve has a tear. The email form on the Omnivore Recordings website goes to an independent fulfillment center that is useless. No offer to provide a new jacket, just advice to return to the brick and mortar store where I purchased.

I had previous problems with cardboard gatefold covers with Resonance Records for a Record Store Day release, and they replaced it immediately..

Doubt the fulfillment center will contact Omnivore as they promised. It has been two weeks. No to take matters into my own hands.

Like the recording a lot. Just wish there was better quality control and that missing notion called customer service.

Edited by bertrand

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic