BN Discog question ive never heard before

It bothers me how places & spaces sits in between the BN 2-fer series in my collection- all the brown 2fers w/ places & spaces in the middle- well i looked at the spines and saw something interesting- the 2 fers have a "0798" nuber after the catalog number on lp jacket SPINE only--- places & spaces has a designation "0698"- just duke pearson it can happen w/ you.  so i have o put it, out of catlog sequence but next to the other "0698" duke pearson, THEN the two-fers...........it makes sense to me- but my question is what do these secondary numbers represent in the catalogue?  thanks

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Magnificent Goldberg said:

King did this too. Here's King's first LP from 1952 (10")

R-5662967-1399283810-7058.jpeg.jpg

The catalogue number is 295-1, with 295 being the price.

Nice detail about the pricing. FWIW, I have the French pressing of that particular LP: ^_^

40191444xs.jpg

But back to the original question: Was this price info on the spine of those brownish BN "Re-Issue-Series" twofers really present all the time or only during a certain period?
My Art Pepper and Horace Silver twofers, for example, have that "0798" mark on the spine but my Fats Navarro pressing (BN LA 607-H2) doesn't have it. All of them are US pressings.
Neither does my Gerry Mulligan set (BST 84548 XCT / BN-LA-532-H2) have it, but though it looks US-ish the very small print says it is a German pressing. So no surprise ...