Dave Brubeck Trio Vienna November 12th, 1967

soulpope

7 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

I’d consider getting this, if it were on CD.

That short Miles at Newport set that Wayne got stuck in traffic for (in July(?) 1969), is pretty interesting, and I only wish it were a full hour, as opposed to the short 25-30 minute set that is is (the Miles I’m referring to, that is).

Same here .... me not being a dedicated Brubeck follower, but the Piano Trio format (based on the forementioned circumstances) and this taking place in my home town would have been of interest .... btw I`m positive - if this derived from tapes owned by Austrian Radio (as it seems) - the complete concert was recorded ....

5 hours ago, soulpope said:

Same here .... me not being a dedicated Brubeck follower, but the Piano Trio format (based on the forementioned circumstances) and this taking place in my home town would have been of interest .... btw I`m positive - if this derived from tapes owned by Austrian Radio (as it seems) - the complete concert was recorded ....

The notes on the ORF site says only one concert was recorded. Did you notice Sam Woodyard's bass drum behind Eugene Wright? Perhaps they were sharing the bill with the Duke, and that's all there is.

2018627.jpg

Edited by mikeweil