Lee Morgan - Complete Live at the Lighthouse

Mark13

There are a few extra tunes, and lots of takes, for Grant green at the Club Mozambique; but I'm not sure it survives - I think all they have is a mono reference tape of what was considered for release at the time.  Similar to Stan & Grant at Mintons, lots more was recorded but it has yet to be found and may never be.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, yeah, I would not automatically believe that just because there's nothing else listed that nothing else was recorded. It was Belden who produced the sole American reissue of it.

Note this note:

R-4398118-1526807831-2396.jpeg.jpg

One "complete evening's performance" eventually took up 2 CDs.

1 minute ago, clifford_thornton said:

where'd you get it? I see that it's sold out from the source.

Ordered from the UK outpost of the Bezos Empire about a week ago.

Just hope it doesn’t have that LP 3 and 4 duplication reported on Hoffman.

Edited by sidewinder

3 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

where'd you get it? I see that it's sold out from the source.

Blue Note lists stuff as sold out all the time and then you'll be in a local store and see the LP on the shelf. Blue Note's web store is the first to list any LP as out of stock. One of the worst web stores I've ever used, second only to the UMusic web store, Blue Note's parent company.

I highly doubt that this will be limited in any way. If it sells, they will make more. Don't let them fool you.

41 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

My LP set has just been dispatched, ready for delivery tomorrow. :excited:

That's brilliant, hope it's all up to snuff. I'll await reports from the front with anticipation.

26 minutes ago, bresna said:

Blue Note lists stuff as sold out all the time and then you'll be in a local store and see the LP on the shelf. Blue Note's web store is the first to list any LP as out of stock. One of the worst web stores I've ever used, second only to the UMusic web store, Blue Note's parent company.

I highly doubt that this will be limited in any way. If it sells, they will make more. Don't let them fool you.

I don't really see anyone being fooled just folk making considered decisions as to whether to purchase or otherwise. Some are, and I'm sure they will be rightly chuffed others aren't and I suspect they will not regret it. Everyone happy

Edited by mjazzg

36 minutes ago, bresna said:

Things that are listed as All Sold Out or OOS in the BN store come back in stock. As to the Lighthouse LP set, since it’s said to be limited I’d be surprised if they make additional copies beyond the amount they said they’d produce. If they do, fans might be up in arms. 

Edited by Brad

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

Things that are listed as All Sold Out or OOS in the BN store come back in stock. As to the Lighthouse LP set, since it’s said to be limited I’d be surprised if they make additional copies beyond the amount they said they’d produce. If they do, fans might be up in arms. 

The Beatles "In Mono" CD set was released to much fanfare as being a Limited Edition. Many people, myself included, pre-ordered it at full list price. After it sold quite a bit, it was suddenly no longer a limited edition and the prices plummeted. So I paid $229 for a box that less than a year later was selling everywhere for closer to $140, with some places selling it for under $100.

The Beatles on Capitol and Blue Note fall under the Universal Music umbrella. I don't trust their "limited editions".

52 minutes ago, bresna said:

The Beatles "In Mono" CD set was released to much fanfare as being a Limited Edition. Many people, myself included, pre-ordered it at full list price. After it sold quite a bit, it was suddenly no longer a limited edition and the prices plummeted. So I paid $229 for a box that less than a year later was selling everywhere for closer to $140, with some places selling it for under $100.

The Beatles on Capitol and Blue Note fall under the Universal Music umbrella. I don't trust their "limited editions".

Apples and oranges. Highly doubt the Lighthouse set will be reprinted in LP form. The CD version, yes. But hey, if a repress of the vinyl shows up next week, I'll gladly eat my words. Given the current pressing plant issues with vinyl, I don't see it happening. 

Edited by trane_fanatic