Charlie Parker graphic novel "Chasin' The Bird"

Anyone have this yet?

It was to be released in a deluxe edition (with a 7"45 single with "unreleased" CP material  from the West Coast) or standard edition (with flexi-disc & same material as the 7"??).

My copy came today (standard edn via Amazon Australia) but with no flexi-disc included - was really wanting to hear the audio.

I'm waiting to hear back from Z2 comics (publishers) to see what they have to say - maybe due to this tumultous year they didn't produce the discs & include them with the books.

I received it recently; I opted for the deluxe edition.  Shipping was delayed because I believe they were having trouble with suppliers.

Mine came with the 45, which are two songs from JATP. I looked through my JATP set and didn’t see the two songs listed.

The set also came with three nice prints  I may have one of them framed.

0A3551F7-F533-491D-89DA-44079B388AC1.jpeg

9C5D8BC9-1D74-4A0F-A902-4D7D3306B085.jpeg

Photos of the prints. 

33563727-7E17-43C5-81B6-87C8E5126A8F.jpeg

EDBB2349-0A23-4E1E-A957-FCBA71EB7AAC.jpeg

020312CC-9B94-4B68-A6F5-0A8C5D680966.jpeg

The photos of the 45 are not the clearest so it’s the JATP at the Shrine Auditorium, LA, November 22, 1948, Charlie Parker, Tommy Potter, Al Haig and J.C. Heard.

Edited by Brad

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I received it recently; I opted for the deluxe edition.  Shipping was delayed because I believe they were having trouble with suppliers.

Mine came with the 45, which are two songs from JATP. I looked through my JATP set and didn’t see the two songs listed.

The set also came with three nice prints  I may have one of them framed.

0A3551F7-F533-491D-89DA-44079B388AC1.jpeg

9C5D8BC9-1D74-4A0F-A902-4D7D3306B085.jpeg

Photos of the prints. 

The photos of the 45 are not the clearest so it’s the JATP at the Shrine Auditorium, LA, November 22, 1948, Charlie Parker, Tommy Potter, Al Haig and J.C. Heard.

http://www.plosin.com/milesahead/BirdSessions.aspx?s=481122

Losin doesn't list any previous release of this material but the review makes it sound like the reason for that might have been Bird's playing.  I'd still like it and will buy the book but I don't have a turntable.  Is there a way to get a digital version? 

36 minutes ago, medjuck said:

http://www.plosin.com/milesahead/BirdSessions.aspx?s=481122

Losin doesn't list any previous release of this material but the review makes it sound like the reason for that might have been Bird's playing.  I'd still like it and will buy the book but I don't have a turntable.  Is there a way to get a digital version? 

I can ask the publisher. 

On 1/5/2021 at 11:01 PM, romualdo said:

Anyone have this yet?

It was to be released in a deluxe edition (with a 7"45 single with "unreleased" CP material  from the West Coast) or standard edition (with flexi-disc & same material as the 7"??).

My copy came today (standard edn via Amazon Australia) but with no flexi-disc included - was really wanting to hear the audio.

I'm waiting to hear back from Z2 comics (publishers) to see what they have to say - maybe due to this tumultous year they didn't produce the discs & include them with the books.

I bought it and also no flexi disc.  Let me know what you hear.  Meanwhile anyone got this in digital form? 

From the blurb on amazon uk:

The deluxe limited edition will include a vinyl 45 with two tracks to be announced ahead of release. In conjunction with the graphic novel, Verve Records/UMe are currently working on a new album spanning Bird’s L.A. period that will be released in September as well.

Do we know anything about the album? Not clear if the version from amazon uk is deluxe or not.