Is There a List of Live Shows at Oberlin College?

I have a co-worker whose father attended Oberlin College in the late 70's into the early 80's and he apparently professionally recorded some of their live shows as part of his studies. Is there a website that lists the live performances held there? I'm wondering if there are any that might be worth hearing.

42 minutes ago, bertrand said:

Who currently has the tapes?

His father. I believe that they are recorded on reel tapes. I don't know the speed or type of recording but the impression I got was that they were well recorded. I just don't want to push to hear these if it turns out that no one of much importance played there. The 1978-1982 time period was not kind to Jazz musicians.

Oh, these may not be jazz?

If they are, we should come up with a plan. I don't want anything juicy to fall into the hands of one of those tape hoarders who will put out half of one and squirrel away the rest. You know who I mean.

If they are Foreigner and Journey tapes, they can rot:)

I found this page that lists a few shows (not bootleg tapes as I thought at first) from that period: https://www.angelfire.com/oh/squonker/concerts.html It shows a Mingus Dynasty show in 1979, a Heath Brothers show in 1980, a Pete Seeger show in 1980 & a King Crimson show in 1981.

My co-worker's father seems to have all of these.

14 minutes ago, bresna said:

I found this page that lists a few shows (not bootleg tapes as I thought at first) from that period: https://www.angelfire.com/oh/squonker/concerts.html It shows a Mingus Dynasty show in 1979, a Heath Brothers show in 1980, a Pete Seeger show in 1980 & a King Crimson show in 1981.

My co-worker's father seems to have all of these.

You stopped before Wynton Marsalis 1983 @ Oberlin. That's an era maybe even Jsngrey would listen to, before Marsalis got too annoying and showed no further development. :g