Board Member's Apartment Burns

Thanks for the donations everyone. They went towards the acquisition of a power chair identical to the one that burned that my uncle found in New Hampshire for $1800 in brand new condition. I will be moving to a brand new building in a much safer area next week. I'm so glad I have renters insurance because I can replace everything. Nothing was left. Even my beloved Focal Chorus 716 speakers I bought last year burned down and I lost my ENTIRE collection which I will now have to rebuild in time, at least the stuff I loved the most while streaming the rest. Besides my cats dying and my mother's ashes burning that hurts the most. Most important thing is I have my life. Thanks for contributing everyone. When I get my replacement laptop I will be making a list of my collection and posting in Offering and Looking For to see if folks will sell some of the stuff I loved that I can have physically again

Edited by CJ Shearn

2 hours ago, CJ Shearn said:

Thanks for the donations everyone. They went towards the acquisition of a power chair identical to the one that burned that my uncle found in New Hampshire for $1800 in brand new condition. I will be moving to a brand new building in a much safer area next week. I'm so glad I have renters insurance because I can replace everything. Nothing was left. Even my beloved Focal Chorus 716 speakers I bought last year burned down and I lost my ENTIRE collection which I will now have to rebuild in time, at least the stuff I loved the most while streaming the rest. Besides my cats dying and my mother's ashes burning that hurts the most. Most important thing is I have my life. Thanks for contributing everyone. When I get my replacement laptop I will be making a list of my collection and posting in Offering and Looking For to see if folks will sell some of the stuff I loved that I can have physically again

I'm glad your spirits are up! The rest will come!
The cats probably hid away and died from smoke inhalation. Same happened to an acquaintance, when they had a fire. They lost, I believe, 9 cats this way. Cats always look for a place to hide when they sense danger.

2 hours ago, Dmitry said:

I'm glad your spirits are up! The rest will come!
The cats probably hid away and died from smoke inhalation. Same happened to an acquaintance, when they had a fire. They lost, I believe, 9 cats this way. Cats always look for a place to hide when they sense danger.

That's exactly what happened 

Thanks for letting us know you are doing well.  It looks like your replacement wheelchair is working out.  Must be very comforting to be using the same model so you don’t have to deal with the burden of learning new machines on top of everything else.  Best wishes for more success in getting back  to your life.

Edited by six string

On 1/30/2021 at 3:22 PM, Brad said:

Good to hear that things are looking up. Really sorry to hear about the cats. Hopefully you will get some new ones but no one can replace the ones you lost. 

Thanks Brad.  I don't plan on new cats ATM...  I am already technically in the new place, just still sleeping at the hotel until my bed is delivered this week and I should be in this weekend.

15 minutes ago, CJ Shearn said:

Thanks Brad.  I don't plan on new cats ATM...  I am already technically in the new place, just still sleeping at the hotel until my bed is delivered this week and I should be in this weekend.

I can’t blame you. They’re part of the family and when one dies, it’s terrible.