Pardon My Bop - Rob Agerbeek

Brad

I am a fairly big fan of Ruud Brink and have his three cds on Blue Jack two of which are now reissued in Japan including the one you mention... he's something like the Dutch Zoot Sims or Stan Getz, so if you like those two he might be interesting... unlike them his discography is much smaller (basically just one slightly commercial album in his lifetime, very little nice small group stuff). I think the album under bassist Jacques Schols name is the strongest, cdjapan

CDSOL-46917.jpg?v=2

it's from the 60s when all concerned were in great shape + it's a great rhythm section... But I do think that the Agerbeek Brink album is a really nice one as well... everyone is great spirits that night with Brink imitating popular singers on one or two tracks and playing a really nice clarinet solo a la Goodman on one track (while exhibiting is trademark tenor playing everywhere else). Btw, former board member bluerein is selling off his stock of Blue Jack Jazz Cds on discogs and has very fair prices on some of them (the original issues, not the new reissues) including the Agerbeek / Brink one...

https://www.discogs.com/Rob-Agerbeek-Ruud-Brink-Pardon-My-Bop/release/10644509?ev=item-vc

15 minutes ago, Niko said:

I think the album under bassist Jacques Schols name is the strongest, cdjapan

CDSOL-46917.jpg?v=2

it's from the 60s when all concerned were in great shape + it's a great rhythm section... Btw, former board member bluerein is selling off his stock of Blue Jack Jazz Cds on discogs and has very fair prices on some of them (the original issues, not the new reissues) including the Agerbeek / Brink ....

Yes + yes ....