• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

That makes sense. :)

You didn't really pay in US$, right? You must have lucked out at the lowest price point in €. :lol:

9 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I know inflation is taking off but that is ridiculous !  

And look at the images. It's only 1 CD! Must be the sampler. ;)

1 minute ago, J.A.W. said:

Just checked again and it's still 129.98 euros. I think that's a bit steep for 5 CDs. Usually Jazz Messengers' prices for Mosaic sets are 20 euros per disc on average, but 26 euros...

oops, I ordered with the 110 euro price... hopefully they will not cancel. Strange ...

23 minutes ago, J.A.W. said:

Just checked again and it's still 129.98 euros. I think that's a bit steep for 5 CDs. Usually Jazz Messengers' prices for Mosaic sets are 20 euros per disc on average, but 26 euros...

I guess they have been hit by increased shipping costs etc. from the US, not to mention pandemic complications.

107.42 Euro makes no sense - even assuming a sales tax reduction from 129.98 ! 

Edited by sidewinder

9 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I guess they have been hit by increased shipping costs etc. from the US, not to mention pandemic complications.

107.42 Euro makes no sense - even assuming a sales tax reduction from 129.98 ! 

They were still creating the item page and hadn't set a definitive price yet. The entry could be found only through a search or on the Mosaic Box Sets page through Labels, but not on New Arrivals or the front page. The photo had not been added either. Makes sense. An easter egg for obsessive compulsive jazz Joe Henderson fans who had been lurking the site 100+ times a day for a few weeks. ;) Else they shouldn't have gone live until the item page was completed.

1 hour ago, J.A.W. said:

Perhaps they are contributing to a GoFundMe for Laporte to be able to fire Koeman. :excl:

8 minutes ago, RiRiIII said:

Us$105+24%vat+15eur handling fee =125eur.

or $105 +20%+£8 handling = £98 =113.5 euro

with import duties payable from Europe now, it makes US pricing competitive again in the UK. Especially when most of my orders from abroad aren't being stopped at customs at the moment so if I'm lucky that way the set costs me £75 or thereabouts from the US.

Edited by mjazzg

41 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

with import duties payable from Europe now, it makes US pricing competitive again in the UK. Especially when most of my orders from abroad aren't being stopped at customs at the moment so if I'm lucky that way the set costs me £75 or thereabouts from the US.

But with weeks of shipping delays instead of a couple of days to the door.

You pays your money and takes your choice..

44 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

The weak dollar and lower Vat rate make the price competitive indeed. Also Mosaic were willing to declare low value. I do not know if they continue to do it though.