Brad

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, djcavanagh said:

I didn't get charged duty when I ordered mine from Mosaic (to London) fwiw. 

My reading of the law is that £135 is the threshold. Below that the websites are supposed to collect the VAT on behalf of HMG. The big ones do - Amazon, eBay - but others escape for now and I’m guessing will continue to do so if they are located outside the UK. We’ll see. 

43 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

My reading of the law is that £135 is the threshold. Below that the websites are supposed to collect the VAT on behalf of HMG. The big ones do - Amazon, eBay - but others escape for now and I’m guessing will continue to do so if they are located outside the UK. We’ll see. 

10 hours ago, djcavanagh said:

I didn't get charged duty when I ordered mine from Mosaic (to London) fwiw. 

I also never paid any duty for any set ordered from Mosaic  but it was due to the low declared value.

I have one reserved and waiting for me at Jazz Messengers. The shop, that is. In the old days I ordered straight from Mosaic, but with the mounting shipping costs and import duties sometimes on top of that, that's something I'm not doing anymore. But I thought only small orders get affected by that, but maybe it's also bigger orders as the varying amount of JM's final price shows.

And for another thing, I was vary of getting it at first because I have most of the albums in it, and I hate duplication (don't have the needed shelve space and resources for that). But now I don't know anymore where they are, and having it all together is also a big lure. So I suppose I'll get it in the end.

On 28-5-2021 at 10:18 PM, Fred said:

Mine is "held in customs" (Italy). They want money, I presume.

You're in Italy (EU), so there'll be no customs charges if you ordered the set from Jazz Messengers, which is based in Spain (EU).

Edited by J.A.W.

1 hour ago, RiRiIII said:

The Dutch courier service JazzMess use, is terribly slow. It takes more than 3 weeks to Greece.

TNT? It's owned by FedEx (USA) now, and will soon change into that entirely, I believe. Mine's out for delivery now. Athens being the capital of Greece, three weeks is extremely slow. Your country is no longer in lockdown, right?

Jazz Messengers has also started offering DHL Express next day delivery.

Edited by erwbol

25 minutes ago, erwbol said:

TNT? It's owned by FedEx (USA) now and will soon change into that entirely, I believe. Mine's out for delivery now. Athens being the capital of Greece, three weeks is extremely slow. Your country is no longer in lockdown, right?

Jazz Messengers also started offering DHL Express next day delivery

It is not TNT. It is Post NL. It seems they needed 7 days from the shipping notice date to actually ship it, and another 11 days to make trip from Holland to Athens, Greece.

No, we are not in lockdown any more. Touristic period, you see...

17 minutes ago, RiRiIII said:

It is not TNT. It is Post NL. It seems they needed 7 days from the shipping notice date to actually ship it, and another 11 days to make trip from Holland to Athens, Greece.

No, we are not in lockdown any more. Touristic period, you see...

Jazz Messengers shipped your parcel to The Netherlands and from there to Greece? Strange. 

I take it you took the regular mail shipping option (EU orders below €120)? PostNL is not a courier service, but evolved out of the former Royal Dutch postal service (PTT). Three weeks is too slow (if tracked), I agree, but you cannot expect 2 working days delivery either from a national postal service. 

I always place an extra item in my cart if necessary to reach the €120 limit to qualify for the TNT free courier service option.

Edited by erwbol

8 minutes ago, erwbol said:

Jazz Messengers shipped your parcel to The Netherlands and from there to Greece? Strange. 

I take it you took the regular mail shipping option (EU orders below €120)? PostNL is not a courier service, but evolved out of the former Royal Dutch postal service (PTT). Three weeks is too slow (if tracked), I agree, but you cannot expect 2 working days delivery either from a national postal service. 

I always place an extra item in my cart if necessary to reach the €120 limit to qualify for the TNT free courier service option.

They do not offer the TNT option to Greece any more... Actually the only option is the free " Regular Mail Delivery time: 3-10 Days" method. 10-12 days is alright. But 4 weeks is not.

8 minutes ago, RiRiIII said:

They do not offer the TNT option to Greece any more... Actually the only option is the free " Regular Mail Delivery time: 3-10 Days" method. 10-12 days is alright. But 4 weeks is not.

That's a bummer the TNT option is no longer available.

PostNL has a similar arrangement for Belgium, where businesses (from Flanders) can have their international mail picked up once or twice a week at more competitive rates than the national Belgian postal service can/will offer. There apparently is a similar arrangement for Spain now that bypasses Correos. 

After the usual speedy start from JM, the NL Postal Service seem to have sat on mine in the depot since Friday morning. Great - NOT ! :angry:

I agree that the old TNT service was much better. The default and only option seems to be ‘regular mail’.

Edited by sidewinder

It's here!

EhDZPp9.jpg

1 minute ago, sidewinder said:

After the usual speedy start from JM, the NL Postal Service seem to have sat on mine in the depot since Friday morning. Great - NOT ! :angry:

I agree that the old TNT service was much better.

No Brexit, no cry! ;)

3 hours ago, RiRiIII said:

The Dutch courier service JazzMess use, is terribly slow. It takes more than 3 weeks to Greece.

Presumably they use cycle and ferry method ?

3 minutes ago, erwbol said:

No Brexit, no cry! ;)

What the hell has that got to do with it? Move on!

:rolleyes:

Edited by sidewinder

3 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Presumably they use cycle and ferry method ?

As I explained, it's not a courier service. It's an international shipment being diverted to offer businesses more competitive rates through a rival national postal service.

Another photo to illustrate Jazz Messengers' outstanding packaging:

b7neDB3.jpg

Edited by erwbol