Brad

Joe Henderson Blue Note 1963-1966

424 posts in this topic

I wonder how many copies Jazz Messengers will receive. I'll order the instant it is up.

I’ve just ordered it too.

Special British price of $107.42 ! :wacko:

Just now, sidewinder said:

I know inflation is taking off but that is ridiculous !  

Now down to €107.42!

Now back up again! Lol!

7duNWb0.png

Xc5JVUJ.png

Just now, erwbol said:

Now down to €107.42!

The whole thing is probably a side effect of me forgetting their account password and having to reset it. :lol::blink:

5 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I’ve just ordered it too.

Special British price of $107.42 ! :wacko:

You're probably exempt from EU sales tax.

Just now, erwbol said:

You're probably exempt from EU sales tax.

That makes sense. :)

2 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

That makes sense. :)

You didn't really pay in US$, right? You must have lucked out at the lowest price point in €. :lol:

9 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I know inflation is taking off but that is ridiculous !  

And look at the images. It's only 1 CD! Must be the sampler. ;)

Just checked again and it's still 129.98 euros. I think that's a bit steep for 5 CDs. Usually Jazz Messengers' prices for Mosaic sets are 20 euros per disc on average, but 26 euros...

1 minute ago, J.A.W. said:

Just checked again and it's still 129.98 euros. I think that's a bit steep for 5 CDs. Usually Jazz Messengers' prices for Mosaic sets are 20 euros per disc on average, but 26 euros...

oops, I ordered with the 110 euro price... hopefully they will not cancel. Strange ...

Good thing I didn't sleep in! ('n out n' in n' out...) :lol:

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, J.A.W. said:

I guess they have been hit by increased shipping costs etc. from the US, not to mention pandemic complications.

107.42 Euro makes no sense - even assuming a sales tax reduction from 129.98 ! 

Edited by sidewinder

9 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I guess they have been hit by increased shipping costs etc. from the US, not to mention pandemic complications.

107.42 Euro makes no sense - even assuming a sales tax reduction from 129.98 ! 

They were still creating the item page and hadn't set a definitive price yet. The entry could be found only through a search or on the Mosaic Box Sets page through Labels, but not on New Arrivals or the front page. The photo had not been added either. Makes sense. An easter egg for obsessive compulsive jazz Joe Henderson fans who had been lurking the site 100+ times a day for a few weeks. ;) Else they shouldn't have gone live until the item page was completed.

1 hour ago, J.A.W. said:

Perhaps they are contributing to a GoFundMe for Laporte to be able to fire Koeman. :excl:

Posted (edited)

I think it's time for an order direct from Mosaic at $105.  Even with import and handling costs it's going to be cheaper than 130 euros.

Edited by mjazzg

18 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I think it's time for an order direct from Mosaic at $105.  Even with import and handling costs it's going to be cheaper than 130 euros.

Us$105+24%vat+15eur handling fee =125eur.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, RiRiIII said:

Us$105+24%vat+15eur handling fee =125eur.

or $105 +20%+£8 handling = £98 =113.5 euro

with import duties payable from Europe now, it makes US pricing competitive again in the UK. Especially when most of my orders from abroad aren't being stopped at customs at the moment so if I'm lucky that way the set costs me £75 or thereabouts from the US.

Edited by mjazzg

41 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

with import duties payable from Europe now, it makes US pricing competitive again in the UK. Especially when most of my orders from abroad aren't being stopped at customs at the moment so if I'm lucky that way the set costs me £75 or thereabouts from the US.

But with weeks of shipping delays instead of a couple of days to the door.

You pays your money and takes your choice..

44 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

The weak dollar and lower Vat rate make the price competitive indeed. Also Mosaic were willing to declare low value. I do not know if they continue to do it though.

Posted (edited)

Now up in ‘New Arrivals’ with a picture on the site.

Edited by sidewinder