Joe Henderson Blue Note 1963-1966

Brad

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Understood. I like having this box set with all the mastering by one engineer--before that I had a variety of American and Japanese series and really no two discs had the same mastering style. 

But I'm not averse to having duplicates or buying things again and again--I trained myself carefully over the years! And books, recordings, stereo equipment and instruments became my only real mad money vices some thirty years ago.

12 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Understood. I like having this box set with all the mastering by one engineer--before that I had a variety of American and Japanese series and really no two discs had the same mastering style. 

But I'm not averse to having duplicates or buying things again and again--I trained myself carefully over the years! And books, recordings, stereo equipment and instruments became my only real mad money vices some thirty years ago.

I was in a similar position at Lon. A mix of issues and formats. The Joe Henderson and Hank 60s material is particularly close to my heart so I bought the respective Mosaics. I didn't do the same for the Hubbard set because I felt some of the sessions were a little weak to my mind..