Brits planning to buy from JazzMessengers?

BillF

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to remain positive is admirable, but Honest Jons do not stock any of the Polish labels such as NotTwo. I have also found Jazz Messengers to be a useful source for Mosaic boxes. 

I contacted Jorge at JM who asured me they would still be supplying items to the UK but having read the Guardian article I will seek further

clarification from JM on the tax situation.

12 minutes ago, 2scoops said:

Trying to remain positive is admirable, but Honest Jons do not stock any of the Polish labels such as NotTwo. I have also found Jazz Messengers to be a useful source for Mosaic boxes. 

I contacted Jorge at JM who asured me they would still be supplying items to the UK but having read the Guardian article I will seek further

clarification from JM on the tax situation.

Please update us once you have got the gen from Jorge - thanks.

Fall-back for Mosaics I guess would be from HQ - as per the past. Not many boxes coming out these days so not a showstopper.

30 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

I reckon all British jazz fans voted against Brexit?

This is something I have been wondering about too. A British fellow collector I have known for close to 40 years and who has loads of international contacts through his hobby and has actively purchased collectible items abroad (from Italy, in particular, but also from Germany and other places) some time last year told me he had indeed voted "Leave". To my surprise, but I won't hold it against him (the blame for this mess certainly is not on the UK alone). Though I wonder how he now intends to go on about his collecting. Or else he either had decided about scaling down anyway (he is well into retirement age) or had already cut back on his foreign buying. On 2 or 3 occasions in recent years I indeed had to act as an intermediary for him because - unbelievable as it may seem - the shipping costs from Germany to the UK incurred by having the seller ship the item to me domestically and me then forwarding it to him was significantly lower than what the seller - an auction house - would have charged for shipping direct to the UK. And the items weren't even bulky or heavy! And this was way before Brexit.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

1 hour ago, BillF said:

I reckon yes as, if you like jazz, you're not

1) stupid

2) racist/xenophobic

Or perhaps

3) easily misled by lying bast#@ds,

if I'm feeling generous

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

If only ‘Mutti’ had given a bone or two to ‘Call Me Dave’..:rolleyes:

There's no reason why Merkel should have helped him pander to the swivel-eyes. It was his political weakness not hers.

Think I should refrain now before the Mods descend...

I'm not wholly convinced by that despite it being my natural reaction.

I'm willing to allow that there are non-stupid people who for reasons other than xenophobia fell for the lies. I do this because they include close family who I know are in neither of your categories.

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

The Brits voted for leaving the EU, so .... these are the consequences ....

I think we all realise that but it doesn't mean we're happy about it

2 minutes ago, Niko said:

the guy who runs the beer shop in town said it's become much easier for him to offer beers from outside Europe now, he started a small series... I missed the one from Korea but later there was one from Leeds which I thought was excellent

Korea or Leeds? The choices are now endlessly intriguing ;) Who needs Belgian beer any more!

33 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I think we all realise that but it doesn't mean we're happy about it

Didn`t want to be cynical about it at all .... all these and other consequences were foreseeable for the thinking man - but the majority decided as the saying goes "you have to be able to endure democracy" (believe me, as Austrian this suffering currently is not too different) .....