Jackie McLean as a teacher

Don

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

There's one video that I've seen on Twitter of him berating a student who was dismissive of Sun Ra (or thought that Sun Ra's dress distracted from the music, or something).  It's out there somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out later.

I think that's from the aforementioned 'Jackie McLean on Mars' isn't it?  I've seen the clip more recently than the film and I'm not 100% sure

3 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I think that's from the aforementioned 'Jackie McLean on Mars' isn't it?  I've seen the clip more recently than the film and I'm not 100% sure

I think I saw that film at one of the London Scala cinemas back in the day, in the era when they used to do ‘Jazz Film Seasons’ with 2-3 films in one sitting. Rhapsody Films figured quite strongly. I think it might have been on with that Bill Dixon film.

I've been corresponding with the helpful staff at the University of Hartford library. They don't have class notes and syllabi in their archive, but they do have class descriptions and course catalogues. They also have a few recordings from classes, but these are not available for download.