Covid vaccination: poll

Covid vaccination: survey  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just got cancelled by Walgreen's on my second dose; a day before the appointment! They said they weren't contracted to give second doses. I told her, ' You've been keeping me waiting for two weeks, and you just sent me a confirmation/reminder email about it today!"

She said "I;m sorry" and hung up.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sgcim said:

I just got cancelled by Walgreen's on my second dose; a day before the appointment! They said they weren't contracted to give second doses. I told her, ' You've been keeping me waiting for two weeks, and you just sent me a confirmation/reminder email about it today!"

She said "I;m sorry" and hung up.

That stinks. You need to get your 2nd dose on time.

1 hour ago, jlhoots said:

We’re getting our second dose next week.

The CDC has indicated that you don’t need to get it exactly 21 days (Pfizer) or 28 days (Moderna) after your first one. Up to 42 days after the first one is acceptable. 

11 hours ago, Brad said:

We’re getting our second dose next week.

The CDC has indicated that you don’t need to get it exactly 21 days (Pfizer) or 28 days (Moderna) after your first one. Up to 42 days after the first one is acceptable. 

Good to know. Where we got our 1st shot we were told if we didn't appear for our 2nd appointment at 28 days (Moderna) we'd have to start over. Anyway we'll go on time.

29 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

Good to know. Where we got our 1st shot we were told if we didn't appear for our 2nd appointment at 28 days (Moderna) we'd have to start over. Anyway we'll go on time.

Also, from what I can see and you shouldn’t take my word for this there is no difference between the first and second dose. In addition, the CDC indicated that in an emergency you can get a second dose different than the first one. In other words, if your initial dose was Pfizer, your second dose could be Moderna and vice versa. The applicable time limit would be the one for your first dose. 

Edited by Brad

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Also, from what I can see and you shouldn’t take my word for this there is no difference between the first and second dose. In addition, the CDC indicated that in an emergency you can get a second dose different than the first one. In other words, if your initial dose was Pfizer, your second dose could be Moderna and vice versa. The applicable time limit would be the one for your first dose. 

I took someone for dose 1 last Saturday; there were separate lines and vaccination stations for dose 1 and dose 2. Why would they do that if the doses are identical?

24 minutes ago, kh1958 said:

I took someone for dose 1 last Saturday; there were separate lines and vaccination stations for dose 1 and dose 2. Why would they do that if the doses are identical?

Paper work?

I tried another Walgreens, and they couldn't tell me if they were contracted for second doses. Forget them. I might be able to get a second dose at the same place I got my first dose, but it's going to be 37 days after the first dose.

2 hours ago, kh1958 said:

I couldn’t tell you that because I’m not a doctor but I found a few articles indicating they’re the same. Here’s one article, which includes confirmation by one physician.

https://www.krem.com/article/news/verify/verify-yes-the-first-and-second-dose-of-the-covid-vaccines-are-the-same/293-6d70a1e2-1869-4b33-9b21-2b9a7030dfd1

On 17/02/2021 at 1:07 AM, jlhoots said:

Indeed. The UK government did a volte face and, contrary to the advice of the British Medical Association, the World Health Organisation and Pfizer, extended the 21 day gap to 3 months. I received a phone call cancelling my Jan 11th appointment for the second jab and have heard nothing since. Furthermore it was unlawful as I consented to medical treatment involving 2 jabs 21 days apart, but not to the revised arrangement.

4 minutes ago, BillF said:

Indeed. The UK government did a volte face and, contrary to the advice of the British Medical Association, the World Health Organisation and Pfizer, extended the 21 day gap to 3 months. I received a phone call cancelling my Jan 11th appointment for the second jab and have heard nothing since. Furthermore it was unlawful as I consented to medical treatment involving 2 jabs 21 days apart, but not to the revised arrangement.

Sorty to hear that. I haven’t been offered my second jab, although they are claiming that people are given a second appointment at the time of the first. 

I received my second shot of the Moderna/NIH vaccine on 2/22/2021, and felt no side effects until the following day, which were mild. Felt like the early stages of a cold, but without the sore throat. Completely gone by the next day. 

I'm ready for any follow-up booster for any of the variants, if any are authorized later in the year.

3 hours ago, sgcim said:

I just got my second Moderna shot today, 37 days after the first shot, instead of the recommended 28 days. The shot was painless (like the first), but the pain has started to kick in.

Will be posting about my misery starting tomorrow. I feel okay now.

What symptoms did you have. My arm hurt but seems to have subsided now. 

56 minutes ago, Brad said:

What symptoms did you have. My arm hurt but seems to have subsided now. 

My arm hurts. That's it for now. According to reactions to it from other people, the 'fun' starts about twelve hours after the shot, which for me will be 2:30am.

When I got the shot, I asked the young woman when I should start to expect experiencing side f/x, and she looked at me and said, "NOW".

It was like something out of a horror movie! AAGHHH!

28 minutes ago, sgcim said:

My arm hurts. That's it for now. According to reactions to it from other people, the 'fun' starts about twelve hours after the shot, which for me will be 2:30am.

When I got the shot, I asked the young woman when I should start to expect experiencing side f/x, and she looked at me and said, "NOW".

It was like something out of a horror movie! AAGHHH!

Everybody’s reactions will be different but I wouldn’t overthink it either. At any rate, after a few days you will probably feel better. 

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My health care provider contacted me during January informing us that we will be notified when appointments would be available, starting February 1. The underlying message was "Don't call us, we'll call you." On the morning of February 1, I received an e-mail instructing me to go to their website, as appointments were now being offered. Within a few minutes I had the location and the date, and on Friday, Feb 5 I got the 1st dose. After I received the shot, they set up the appointment for the 2nd shot, and I got it on Feb. 26. Side effects? Nothing after the 1st, minor queasiness for about 24 hours after the 2nd. Btw, it was the Pfizer vaccine. 

My city was also offering appointments starting in late January, but I'm glad I didn't have to go that route.

16 hours ago, Brad said:

Everybody’s reactions will be different but I wouldn’t overthink it either. At any rate, after a few days you will probably feel better. 

Last night, my temperature zipped up to 100, and I couldn't get to sleep, so I read Charles Williams till 7:30am , usually a good author to induce sleep, due to long involved sentences, and obscure religious /occult references.

I woke up today feeling a bit out of it, but my temperature went back down to 98.4, though it usually rises at night. Sperm count remains the same, and am filling out the applications for the sex slavery ring in my area. I hope those women don't abuse my fertility...:g