Covid vaccination: poll

Covid vaccination: survey  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2021 at 6:36 AM, JSngry said:

Had a bit of a chill and headache yesterday. Nothing serious, though, and ibuprofen helped.  Today is starting off just fine. 

Happy to report that all was well all day yesterday, and so's today. That little bit of minor inconvenience for half a day was the extent of any side-effect here.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No party here.

Party not called for at this juncture, not with all the variants and willfully aggressive dangerous humans still being encouraged to remain afoot.

It's like driving on a Saturday night at 2 AM - you know there's idiots out there who don't give a damn about anybody. You know you're going to see them out there, you just hope that you get out of their way in time...

Still, feeling good, and looking forward to resuming some return to normalcy, especially with known "safe", vaccinated friends and relations.

Now, let's all hope that these "variants" don't turn into one or more full-blown mutations against which we have to start all over again...

23 hours ago, JSngry said:

Now, let's all hope that these "variants" don't turn into one or more full-blown mutations against which we have to start all over again...

We really lucked out (!!!) that this pandemic is a relatively slow-mutating coronavirus and not a fast-mutating influenza virus.

Experts seem to be quite confident that over time vaccination boosters will keep up with the new variants.

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

How does getting Does 2 gonna go when dose 1 is sorta "freelanced"? Do they have you on file now and scheduled in for Round 2?

No matter, congrats on getting that one!

They go ahead and schedule you for the second dose.  So my second shot will be four weeks from yesterday.

By the way -- as a public service announcement to all concerned -- the Moderna vaccine comes in packages of 10.  Last night, someone who met the vaccine criteria (age- and/or health-wise) showed up just before the Publix pharmacy was going to close.  Turns out that I would not have been able to get the vaccine if he hadn't come at the end of the day.  That's because the pharmacist had to open a whole new 10-pack to give him his dose.  That meant there were 9 more doses that would have been useless by the following morning.  So, at that point, the pharmacist will give them to anyone present, rather than letting them go to waste.  That's how I got mine.

If you try to get a vaccine like I did, I would suggest that you look for a place that uses the Moderna vaccine -- since it comes in the 10-packs.  The Pfizer vaccine comes in packages of 6.  So you have a relatively lower likelihood of getting "leftovers" with Pfizer b/c the packages are smaller. Simple math.

My wife is a social worker, and she provided me with all of this info.  She also suggested that the Moderna vaccines are more prevalent in pharmacies inside grocery stores because they have the large-scale refrigeration necessary to store that particular vaccine.  

I'm no expert on any of this, BTW.  Just passing along info.  ;) 

My wife, who is 53 with no health preconditions received her first Pfizer shot this morning at Meijr Foods in Michigan City, Indiana.  We own homes in Illinois and Michigan.  She said no questions asked regarding residency.  Extremely difficult to get vaccinated in Illinois...but I've received three invites for doses in Michigan.  I'm just happy that folks are getting their vaccines because maybe, just maybe, this summer will be more "normal" than last.

Got my second Moderna from Walgreens. First shot just gave me a mildly sore arm at the injection site. Second shot brought with it in addition some next-day flu-ish symptoms (nausea, overall achey-ness, feeling of slight fever) which lasted 4-5 hours (roughly 10 am to 3 pm), then gradually subsided. Day after that just a touch of nausea. Today feel fine.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, HutchFan said:

They go ahead and schedule you for the second dose.  So my second shot will be four weeks from yesterday.

By the way -- as a public service announcement to all concerned -- the Moderna vaccine comes in packages of 10.  Last night, someone who met the vaccine criteria (age- and/or health-wise) showed up just before the Publix pharmacy was going to close.  Turns out that I would not have been able to get the vaccine if he hadn't come at the end of the day.  That's because the pharmacist had to open a whole new 10-pack to give him his dose.  That meant there were 9 more doses that would have been useless by the following morning.  So, at that point, the pharmacist will give them to anyone present, rather than letting them go to waste.  That's how I got mine.

If you try to get a vaccine like I did, I would suggest that you look for a place that uses the Moderna vaccine -- since it comes in the 10-packs.  The Pfizer vaccine comes in packages of 6.  So you have a relatively lower likelihood of getting "leftovers" with Pfizer b/c the packages are smaller. Simple math.

My wife is a social worker, and she provided me with all of this info.  She also suggested that the Moderna vaccines are more prevalent in pharmacies inside grocery stores because they have the large-scale refrigeration necessary to store that particular vaccine.  

I'm no expert on any of this, BTW.  Just passing along info.  ;) 

Here's a service that deals with finding people shots like the one mentioned above.:I had to use the computer to schedule my second shot, so don't take it for grated that they're gonna give it to you and notify you about it. I had to wait 37 days after my first shot to get my second shot, and it was at the same place as the first shot.

https://hidrb.com/

Remember that you're not fully protected until fourteen days after you've received your second shot. My 14th day is tomorrow, but my ADHD/PHD, unvaccinated brother insists on coming over tonight, just to make sure he infects me before tomorrow.

Jim- That "neanderthal" Gov. of yours seems intent on making Texas a sequel to the NOTLD franchise. Be careful.

1 minute ago, sgcim said:

Jim- That "neanderthal" Gov. of yours seems intent on making Texas a sequel to the NOTLD franchise. Be careful.

I learned a long time ago that in Texas, you take gotta be ready care of yourself at all times. Getting help when needed is always a wonderful thing, getting effective, coordinated organized help is even more wonderful.

But in these parts, not everybody feels that way (and some are outright hostile to the notion) , so...every tub on its own bottom, as they say/said, even if you're not a tub.

4 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I learned a long time ago that in Texas, you take gotta be ready care of yourself at all times. Getting help when needed is always a wonderful thing, getting effective, coordinated organized help is even more wonderful.

But in these parts, not everybody feels that way (and some are outright hostile to the notion) , so...every tub on its own bottom, as they say/said, even if you're not a tub.

Yeah, I guess you just have to be prepared to spend every day like the night the lead actress spent in that 'documentary' "Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

1 hour ago, sgcim said:

Yeah, I guess you just have to be prepared to spend every day like the night the lead actress spent in that 'documentary' "Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

:lol:

one of my favorite movies ever, btw.

just got my first shot today in Brooklyn. Second is scheduled for 4/9. Feel fine, just a bit of tingle in my left hand and a sore spot from the jab. Looking forward.

This has turned into kind of a lottery here in New Mexico. People running to Amarillo, TX; Alamosa, CO, etc.

My wife & I feel fortunate to have found an independent pharmacy in Albuquerque & have received both shots (Moderna) without incident.

Edited by jlhoots

My wife got her first shot last Sunday here in DC, and my 93 year old father got his on Tuesday back outside of St. Louis (both of them got Pfizer).

I’m still waiting on the brand new lottery system here in DC, which only just started on Friday (after an earlier online signup process that crashed almost every day, and was completely ill equipped to handle a demand that was literally 20-30 times the available supply). So I could easily be another month or two before it’s my turn (or my name could get drawn tomorrow — so just no tellin’ when).

My wife’s parents parents both got both of their Pfizer shots already (back in Kansas) in early Feb and early March.

I’m betting whenever my time comes, I’ll get the J&J variety, but there’s no way to know.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

1 hour ago, Rooster_Ties said:

My wife got her first shot last Sunday here in DC, and my 93 year old father got his on Tuesday back outside of St. Louis (both of them got Pfizer).

I’m still waiting on the brand new lottery system here in DC, which only just started on Friday (after an earlier online signup process that crashed almost every day, and was completely ill equipped to handle a demand that was literally 20-30 times the available supply). So I could easily be another month or two before it’s my turn (or my name could get drawn tomorrow — so just no tellin’ when).

My wife’s parents parents both got both of their Pfizer shots already (back in Kansas) in early Feb and early March.

I’m betting whenever my time comes, I’ll get the J&J variety, but there’s no way to know.

Are the area pharmacies not making appointments available? That's how we got ours. (In Chicago.) 

6 hours ago, riddlemay said:

Are the area pharmacies not making appointments available? That's how we got ours. (In Chicago.) 

No, not directly anyways. Shots seem to either be available only through the city’s registration (and now lottery-based) system — although some (many?) of the vaccination locations do seem to include at least some pharmacies in certain grocery store chains (some Giants, some Safeways). Also, my wife got hers when her doctor’s office system flagged her for being in a slightly higher risk category, and she went to a healthcare system location (not a pharmacy).

DC has been struggling, until only very recently, to have anywhere near enough vaccine to even begin to meet demand. But that appears to be starting to change, only just this week.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I work in a health care facility,  though I'm not a doctor.   Current projections show I will be eligible to register  in June.  Considering my lockdown began in January 2020 (in China), it's starting to feel like a long wait.  Then again, we weren't even supposed to have a vaccine available until about now.