Covid vaccination: poll

Covid vaccination: survey  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well today I was reminded of a close high school friend's senior quote:

The eternal optimist can only be disappointed while the eternal pessimist can only be pleasantly surprised.

Today, this eternal pessimist got in the Publix booking system after just 10 minutes of page refreshes, and am booked for Moderna #1 on Wed with second shot three weeks later.  

Unfortunately while I could have set an appointment for Mom in Naples, I was blocked by the lack of knowing her last four of her Social.

52 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

Well today I was reminded of a close high school friend's senior quote:

The eternal optimist can only be disappointed while the eternal pessimist can only be pleasantly surprised.

Today, this eternal pessimist got in the Publix booking system after just 10 minutes of page refreshes, and am booked for Moderna #1 on Wed with second shot three weeks later.  

Unfortunately while I could have set an appointment for Mom in Naples, I was blocked by the lack of knowing her last four of her Social.

Your second Moderna shot is supposed to be 4 weeks after the 1st. Phizer is the one with a 3 week interval. You might want to check that.

2 minutes ago, bresna said:

Your second Moderna shot is supposed to be 4 weeks after the 1st. Phizer is the one with a 3 week interval. You might want to check that.

I wasn't looking at the specific, Publix sets you up for the proper second appointment which is April 28.

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

We'll see how I respond to second one at the end of the month.

Hopefully with a bit of a celebration!

I know we felt a bit of relief that we could feel good about finally having an expansion of responsible possibilities. I went inside the Kroger Tuesday for the first time in about a year. Still masked up, but, you know, hey, we're vaxxed up now.

Going to a DSO concert on Saturday, maybe a chamber concert at the end of the month. Still masking up for these, but, you know, the feeling of being able to safely get out there knowing that it's the next step on the return to a normalcy...it feels good. Not quite like the first time I saw an airplane flying over the house post-9-11 and the flight ban was lifted, that was a full return to normalcy, but still...these things have meaning, so celebrate.

21 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Hopefully with a bit of a celebration!

I know we felt a bit of relief that we could feel good about finally having an expansion of responsible possibilities. I went inside the Kroger Tuesday for the first time in about a year. Still masked up, but, you know, hey, we're vaxxed up now.

Going to a DSO concert on Saturday, maybe a chamber concert at the end of the month. Still masking up for these, but, you know, the feeling of being able to safely get out there knowing that it's the next step on the return to a normalcy...it feels good. Not quite like the first time I saw an airplane flying over the house post-9-11 and the flight ban was lifted, that was a full return to normalcy, but still...these things have meaning, so celebrate.

That's the thing for us ... it really won't change our lives. We never adopted to delivery services, so have visited Publix and Sam's with the same regularity, only the new precautions.  And we've been doing take out rather than eat in about 99% of the time before Covid (since we moved, more or less). And we made it to once concert in five years.

So the only celebration would be if our tenants, the aunt/uncle in-laws, joined us for dinner - but that will only be when my wife is vaccinated and she isn't as committed to soon-as-possible appointment. She's worried about allergic reactions, and given her history I can't really blame her.

Otherwise its status quo ante, with just a greater feeling of personal protection when around the unmasked nimrods who are proliferating.