Notable "new"-ish cover art for reissues from the last 10 or 15 years

Rooster_Ties

No hard limit in terms of how far back in time (from today), though if I'd put "20 years" in the title, that would stretch back too deeply into the " Patrick Roques" era in BN reissues.

But I just saw a new BN cover (for a new LP reissue of this session) -- that was, well, totally new to me...

morgan_lee~_rajah180g_101b.jpg

And similarly, there's this semi-recent Duke Pearson LP reissue of material that (to the best of my knowledge) never came out in the LP era (and never had "classic-era"-looking BN cover-art...

pearso_duke_idontcare_102b.jpg

What others can we collectively think of?

DOESN'T have to be limited to Blue Note -- but anything "interesting" qualifies (whatever catches/caught your eye)...

So then, NEW reissues (of previously issued material), with NEW and notable cover-art (or that tries to harken back to previous eras).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

About Patrick Roques, I believe he carried the Reid Miles torch very fine, and the Connoisseur series album covers he either designed or gave a "facelift" to were very fine indeed: Patterns, Medina, Jack Knife, Solid, Vertigo, Third Season, Thinking of Home, Dance with Death (all the Hills he designed) were awesome! 

Is he still active? Is he designing the Tone Poets covers now (that weren't originally issued?) What does he look like? Is he alive? Can't even find an image of this dude on Google even. 

no doubt. But the new image doesn't convey the "one for me" meaning/defiance/poignancy of the record and its circumstances (and the reality of the aftermath, which was no Shirley Scott records for too many years, not saying that the record necessarily caused that, just that it happened)..

No matter. It's a great record and perhaps the purest (ie - non-producer created) Shirley Scott record there is.