I watched that stream and it was red hot.  A great tribute to the unstinting work of Gary Crosby and his Tomorrow's Warriors project.  He's responsible for so many of the current crop learning their craft.

It's been, and still is, an exciting few years as a Jazz fan in the UK and specifically London.  What I particularly like is how many of this generation have looked to the musical heritage of their parents and grandparents.  In a way that London music has always been infused with the musics of its immigrant populations this lot have done so with Jazz to great effect.

There have been rumblings from the "Jazz Police" that some of it isn't Jazzy enough or is too popular.  As far as I'm concerned they're are just missing the point.

And finally, The Blue Moment is a great source of fine music writing across a number of genres

21 hours ago, mjazzg said:

It's been, and still is, an exciting few years as a Jazz fan in the UK and specifically London.  What I particularly like is how many of this generation have looked to the musical heritage of their parents and grandparents.  In a way that London music has always been infused with the musics of its immigrant populations this lot have done so with Jazz to great effect.

There have been rumblings from the "Jazz Police" that some of it isn't Jazzy enough or is too popular.  As far as I'm concerned they're are just missing the point.

Agreed.

What I find so impressive is that for once it is a populist / crossover approach that works. It has breathed such a life into the London scene.