Peter Losin Miles and Bird website

miles65

while we're on the topic of plosin, I checked the site recently but there appears to be no mention of the tracks that were on the flexidisc or 7" that came with the recent Charlie Parker graphic novel "Chasin' The Bird". I've still not found what tracks are present on these (I've heard they may be previously unreleased live JATP? recordings)

3 hours ago, romualdo said:

while we're on the topic of plosin, I checked the site recently but there appears to be no mention of the tracks that were on the flexidisc or 7" that came with the recent Charlie Parker graphic novel "Chasin' The Bird". I've still not found what tracks are present on these (I've heard they may be previously unreleased live JATP? recordings)

http://www.plosin.com/milesahead/BirdSessions.aspx?s=481122

This is discussed in the thread about "Chasin' the Bird".  BTW I'd still like to find the records  (or rather the music from them) somehow. 

4 hours ago, medjuck said:

http://www.plosin.com/milesahead/BirdSessions.aspx?s=481122

This is discussed in the thread about "Chasin' the Bird".  BTW I'd still like to find the records  (or rather the music from them) somehow. 

I looked at the website of the publisher  Z2 comics. The standard edition has a 7’ flexidisc unissued track(s) not mentioned. The the luxe edition should have 45 rpm single with unissued tracks. No titles mentioned. The text with this graphic novel on Amazon states Verve will issue a cd spanning Bird’s L.A. Period. The must be JATP recordings.

6 minutes ago, medjuck said:

I bought the standard edition.  No flex disc included. (Not that I have a turntable.)

So did I & also received no flexi - purchased from Amazon (they refunded me & allowed me to keep the book)

Apparently you will only get the flexi (with standard edn) or 7" (with the Deluxe edn) if you buy directly from Z2 comics - I've been in touch with them.

Edited by romualdo