RIP Sonny Fox

Brad

Sonny Fox, the host of Wonderama, which was popular in the 60s, has passed away, from Covid unfortunately.

Sonny Fox, Whose ‘Wonderama’ Mixed Fun and Learning, Dies at 95

Those of you born in the 60s and after won’t remember this show but it was a great show, treating kids with respect.  I fondly remember his show and am sad that he has died. Another symbol of our youth who is no longer with us.

RIP Sonny. 

Sorry to hear of this, but we did not get that show where I lived, nor, it appears, did many other people. Metromedia penetration was far from national.Too bad. sounds great!

per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderama

Wonderama aired on its originating station, WNEW-TV in New York City, as well as in five other markets in which Metromedia owned television stations: WTTG in Washington D.C., KMBC-TV in Kansas City, KTTV in Los Angeles, WXIX-TV in Cincinnati, and WTCN-TV in Minneapolis – Saint Paul.

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Sonny Fox, the host of Wonderama, which was popular in the 60s, has passed away, from Covid unfortunately.

Sonny Fox, Whose ‘Wonderama’ Mixed Fun and Learning, Dies at 95

Those of you born in the 60s and after won’t remember this show but it was a great show, treating kids with respect.  I fondly remember his show and am sad that he has died. Another symbol of our youth who is no longer with us.

RIP Sonny. 

Brad, I was going to post this but just saw that you had already.  I was a regular Wonderama viewer as a kid.  I also vaguely remember his other show (Just for Fun).  One of the things I remember about Wonderama is that Fox didn't talk down to kids the way most other programs did.