Is this where jazz is going in the 21st Century?? — Jazz Metal + Cats on Roombas

Rooster_Ties

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Brad said:

If that’s the future, I’m glad I live in the past. 

But you don't.

If you don't believe me look at your watch, look at your calendar, look at your phone, what time is it? What date is it? Are the Dodgers still in Brooklyn? Are the rabbit ears still working? Is Jimmy Durante hosting the Hollywood Palace this Saturday night?

What time is it!

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

But you don't.

If you don't believe me look at your watch, look at your calendar, look at your phone, what time is it? What date is it? Are the Dodgers still in Brooklyn? Are the rabbit ears still working? Is Jimmy Durante hosting the Hollywood Palace this Saturday night?

What time is it!

Actually, the Dodgers are down in Vero Beach.  Have to go now as it’s time for Buffalo Bob.

What time is it?

This too is the past:

13 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

An interesting take on live jazz renditions of Japanese videogame music (and j-pop).

My daughter is a big J-Pop fan, and I perked up the ears when I hear Perfume mentioned. They have one song (!) that I will love forever, and if you to love (REALLY love, not just like) the Astrud Gilberto/Walter Wanderly record and wonder what a post-Space Age incarnation of that ethos would sound like, then this athe new record for you to also LOVE!

Otherwise, I love it when people pay attention and actually pay attention to the details.

Video game music is not just for jazz either. This, and things like it, have been going on for at least a decade:

https://www.ffdistantworlds.com/

Final Fantasy musics played by real orchestras.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...