BFT 202 related discs

As promised, I am offering the following CDs for sale. Paypal only - shipping is not included but I will add just a $2.00 flat rate, regardless of number of CDs purchased. That is US only. European shipping at cost.

Paul Plummer - Ron Enyard Trio and Quartet (Quixotic Records) $6.00

This is composed of the 1981 LP Detroit Opium Den and the 1980 LP Acoustic Jazz Trio (from which the BFT track was taken)

Ron Enyard - Bobby Miller Live at Herbie's (Cadence) $5.00

This one didn't make it to the final BFT. Bobby Miller is made out to be a great inside/outside tenor in the liners (Coltrane is quoted as saying "the baddest there is" and Eddie Harris sang his praises too. Miller was plagued by "personal problems" and this is the only known recording of him. 

Mario Escalera, Ballads, Boleros & Blues Volume 1 (Phoenix Records) $7.00

Onaje Allan Gumbs is aboard for this live set released in 2000.

Mario Escalera, Didn't Know (Phoenix Records) $4.00

Oliver Beener is back from the Blue Monday LP from which I pulled the track I used in the BFT. This is the cheapest as it is only 27:37 long. Two tracks reprised from the Blue Monday LP, Elegy for Trane and Blue Mondays, still with a string session, this time an expanded one.

I will not reduce prices, I think these are fair especially considering the shared shipping cost. And I don't hate them that much, just don't have to keep them.

Thanks for looking.

• 1 month later...

Up to say that I've been dividing the last two days between these four discs (and the new Missy Mizzoli opera), and it's all interesting in ways that I had hoped for,

The more excavatory collectors among us here will be served well by finding these records - Paul Plummer, wow, a truly unique voice, phrases that always seem to be a response to the time instead of showing it where to go, and a nice Gene Ammons-ish exhortiveness to his tone while he's doing it; Bobby Miller, ok...lets go from Sonny to Ayler, no need for Coltrane in between, WOW; and Mario Escalera, not a great player, but apparently a good organizer who always got good players to play his not-uninteresting original, I believe the term "vanity projects" works here in a non-perjorative way.

Dan's impetus to go for "local heroes" to find substances that are not to be found within the "traditional narrative" was a sound one, imo, and I'm glad I got these! In between the penthouse and the basement, there's a lot of stories to be heard.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Up to say that I've been dividing the last two days between these four discs (and the new Missy Mizzoli opera), and it's all interesting in ways that I had hoped for,

The more excavatory collectors among us here will be served well by finding these records - Paul Plummer, wow, a truly unique voice, phrases that always seem to be a response to the time instead of showing it where to go, and a nice Gene Ammons-ish exhortiveness to his tone while he's doing it; Bobby Miller, ok...lets go from Sonny to Ayler, no need for Coltrane in between, WOW; and Mario Escalera, not a great player, but apparently a good organizer who always got good players to play his not-uninteresting original, I believe the term "vanity projects" works here in a non-perjorative way.

Dan's impetus to go for "local heroes" to find substances that are not to be found within the "traditional narrative" was a sound one, imo, and I'm glad I got these! In between the penthouse and the basement, there's a lot of stories to be heard.

Glad they've been enjoyed so much ... the Paul Plummer and the Enyard/Miller are available new at Cadnor, the former Cadence, at least earlier in the summer. As Jim has said, Cadnor is giving very good service lately on sales processing, too.

The Escalera recordings ... can't be too much demand I don't think, check Amazon Marketplace.