Barbara Thompson/Jon Hiseman film season free to view online

RogerF

A major retrospective of the work of documentary filmmaker Mike Dibb - A Listening Eye: The Films Of Mike Dibb - is currently available free to view online via the Whitechapel Gallery website - three films are viewable now including Jazz, Rock & Marriage; Barbara Thompson: Playing Against Time and Paraphernalia - all three featuring Barbara Thompson and Jon Hiseman. Mike Dibb has made several films about jazz including documentaries on Miles Davis, Keith Jarret, The Rendell Carr Quintet and Barbara Thompson and Jon Hiseman.

https://www.whitechapelgallery.org/events/a-listening-eye/

Fantastic Roger - thanks for the heads up. I’ve just read the book and still working through the CD box and was really hoping I could find a link to at least the most recent Mike Dibb film. I remember BBC4 showing it around 2010 (2012 per listing) but don’t recall any repeats.

Didn’t Dibb also do some film of the Rendell/Carr Quintet in live performance (Camberley?)

Edited by sidewinder

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

Fantastic Roger - thanks for the heads up. I’ve just read the book and still working through the CD box and was really hoping I could find a link to at least the most recent Mike Dibb film. I remember BBC4 showing it around 2010 (2012 per listing) but don’t recall any repeats.

Didn’t Dibb also do some film of the Rendell/Carr Quintet in live performance (Camberley?)

Yes, he did the RCQ film which includes Dave Green's wedding. Sadly this film isn't in the Mike Dibb season. Still, the BT ones are fantastic. 

Edited by RogerF