Thelonious Monk Complete Riverside Recordings 15 CD box set

pglbook

For sale:

Thelonious Monk: Complete Riverside Recordings (15 CD).
15 CDs in 4 fat jewel cases housed in a large 12x12 box with large booklet.

Everything is in like new condition - box, jewel cases, CDs, booklet.

Pics available upon request (please send me your e-mail address via pm so I can e-mail pics).

$175 (U.S. Postal media mail shipping is $10 extra). I will pack it well and insure it for full value.

Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Thanks.

Edited by pglbook

Still available.

Mint condition (large 12 x 12 box and booklet, CDs, jewel cases). $175 + $10 media mail shipping insured. Payment by pay pal friends/family.

I'd also be interested in a trade or partial trade for any of the following box sets that I am looking for (all should be in Mint or Near Mint condition).

John Coltrane: The  Impulse! Albums, Volume 3 (5 CD)

Mosaic Larry Young: The Complete Blue Note Recordings (6 CD)

Mosaic Woody Shaw: The Complete Muse Sessions (7 CD)

Thanks.

Edited by pglbook

Price reduced to $170 (plus $10 media mail insured).

Mint, like new, condition (large 12 x 12 box and booklet, CDs, jewel cases).

Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Still available.

All is in Mint, like new, condition (large 12 x 12 box and booklet, CDs, jewel cases).

$170 (plus $10 media mail insured). Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Price reduced to $160 plus $10 media mail insured). Payment by pay pal friends/family.

All is in Mint, like new, condition (large 12 x 12 box, booklet, CDs, jewel cases).

Thanks.

Edited by pglbook

1 minute ago, Pim said:

Isn’t the price a little high? One could get a copy for around 60 or 70 euros elsewhere on the internet?

I researched prices on discogs, eBay, etc, when I first posted this for sale and the lowest price at that time was around $200. Where are you seeing it listed for 60 or 70 euros? Are you sure those listings are the same edition as this one? This is a copy of the nice, larger (12” x 12” box) original edition. I think there was a cheaper edition released a few years ago in a smaller no-frills package. That edition does sell for less but is not the same quality as this larger edition. Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Pim said:

Discogs for example. Median price for the set is around 60 euros. Have to say that most sellers are above that price. 

I checked discogs after seeing your post and did not see any sets for sale at 60 or 70 euros. There is a less expensive set listed for sale in Austria but that one lacks the box and book. And there is a set listed in France for around $125 USD but it is only a Very Good copy and, when shipping to the U.S. is included, I believe the price would be above my asking price. Median sales price on discogs is a useful starting point but one has to be careful in using it because it reflects past sales and not current value. It is more useful in pricing still in print items than for out of print sets, whose scarcity and price may swing a bit over a few months or year. For example, a hypothetical set that sold for $125 a year ago may now be scarcer and sell for much more. Just my thoughts. Thanks for letting me know about the concern regarding my price but, after looking at discogs and eBay today, I think my $160 price is a fair price for this 15 CD set that is in mint condition, out of print, and getting scarcer.  But I will definitely monitor pricing trends on the secondary market and will be amenable to adjusting my price downward in the future if that is how the market is trending. I recently had sone interest for this set on an audiophile forum of which I am a member but nothing definite yet. Thanks again. I appreciate your feedback. 

though nothing definite yet) 

3 hours ago, Pim said:

Did not know that. No harmful intentions, and I am sure pglbooks knows that. Did not mean to question anything.

I saw pglbooks bumped a couple of times and wanted to help.

No worries....no offense taken.

All the best.

Edited by pglbook

Price reduced to $155 (plus $10 media mail w/postal insurance). Payment by pay pal friends/family.

All is in Mint, like new, condition (large 12 x 12 box, booklet, CDs, jewel cases).

Thanks.

Someone should grab this. It is worth the money. This was one of the box sets that set the standard for Mosaic and others. Sound is good, Keepnews' recollections are a nice read. Everything in one place. I never regretted buying it back then and pull it out regularly.